2022 scheduling and racing

Covid (and a bad ankle) really has obliterated my racing in the past couple of years. Haven’t pinned on a number for ages, one Parkrun since they’ve resumed, have banditted a few junior parkruns but that’s about it :see_no_evil:

Will ease myself back in gently with a HM in March and I’m down for the first Cotswold HIM in June, if I smash that then maybe I’ll get a spot in the TT smack down in July! :rofl:

I’m thinking 2023 for getting back onto the Euro IM circuit.

May do a duathlon this November as the new generation of multisporters in my family can’t be taking over too soon.

5 Likes

Yes, that’s it, I deferred the race on Saturday until March next year, but it’s the week before Texas 70.3 I think.

TC did well, sub 10 and 1st M50. I’d have liked to have done Saturday, due to the time of year the ground would be a lot drier, there wasn’t a double categorised storm and more daylight.

I do also have an entry for the NYD15 as well.

3 Likes

I’d recommend Race to the King. Not stupidly long at 88km and in terms of support, easily one of the best ways to dip your toe into the ultra world

Just go bonkers, all in

2 Likes

Howd you find that combo? I did this but didn’t perform well enough at brighton to effect lanza

Playtime in 2022 with Kona now 2023, plus I age up so hoping to be competitive in M55.

Boston (Lincs) marathon
Outlaw half
79.3 Staffs
Outlaw full
One of 70.3 worlds St George or IM Chattanooga

5 Likes

Ah, I hadn’t realised the dates were so close. Irritating really, I think I entered Brighton in 2020 for April 21 that got moved to this September. Deferred that as it clashed with Wales.

6 weeks between them?

I think I may have to wait a year for Lanza and just get an entry in for Bolton!

2 Likes

Until all the IM races in September are done and the 2022 dates come out I have no idea. I am with Jorgan in that summer holidays cause enough disruption in training that anything after late July, early August would cause me stress to get the training done. Assuming things go back to where they nomally are then it will be a choice between, IM Nice, Vitoria-Gastiez, maybe Switzerland and possibly more or Challenge Madrid. Some Spring HM, Outlaw half and then some sprints depending. I might have another go at the Outlaw as well if I think I can do two not too far apart.

1 Like

Generally I always liked to get in a Sprint late April, then a Half in late May/early June…with the main event (IM) being in early to late July. If the IM was at the start of July, I looked to get a May Half done; so week easy after the half, then 4 weeks of ‘peak’ IM training before a 2 week taper. It didn’t always work that way though.

For me, Outlaw or Hamburg were ideal timing, being second half of July.

2 Likes

I’m planning on doing 10x1 deca iron at the back end of July next year. I’ve not completed a tri since 2012 so should be interesting…

With 3 kids now, training is going to be tricky, but plan is to do most on the turbo / treadmill early mornings with a few longer sessions at the weekend when they can fit in with family plans (often will run 25-30miles to a NT park and meet my wife and kids there for bike ride and picnic, parenting immediately after a training marathon is hard). Will bring swimming back in as 2 evenings a week from about November.

Probably won’t bother with any other races unless they are very local and I can turn up and enter on the day. Maybe try and fit a May / June iron distance race in just to test where I am if it’s not too far to travel

3 Likes

Is that continuous or one a day for 10 days?

One a day for 10 days. I don’t have the time to train for the continuous - I just can’t justify several 200+ mile training rides in the build up due to the time they take

3 Likes

Well I’m just about to test the waters/break my legs with Brighton in 2 weeks with no runs longer than 2h15 and Barcelona IM three weeks after, so maybe don’t sweat it? :rofl:

4 Likes

Go with the flow man.

Brilliant. Can’t wait to see how you get on

My WTS Hamburg voucher is valid for Frankfurt or “any race in Germany except the Cyclassic in Hamburg”, so that could be on the cards next year :slight_smile: