A place for random, light hearted nonsense

Perfect South African humour :wink:

3 Likes

I was on a package holiday when I was younger and there was some delay. An engineer appears out of the floor by the cockpit, tells the captain something. One of the attendants says, are you staying on or getting off. He replies I think I had better stay on. I nearly said here take my seat Im not staying.

Plane was a right piece of shit as well, the Thomas Cook logos were peeling off showing the logo of the airline that had owned it previously

2 Likes

I was about to get a short hop flight in Africa and saw the pilot walking towards our gate, he said hello in what sounded a very English accent, the couple opposite me suddenly cheered up at the prospect of a potentially British pilot who was bound to be a well trained, experienced chap.

Me being me quetioned how bad a pilot he must be to have to fly a shitty route in deepest darkest Africa - went a bit quiet after that.

13 Likes

:hushed:

4 Likes

There is a documentary on Netflix about Black Holes and a lot of it is about the Event Horizon telescope project. Its really interesting.

1 Like

Sounds more interesting than the Netflix documentary I watched last night about the 1983 NFL draft… I woke up this am with my phone … somewhere, tangled up in the sheets

2 Likes

That’s a spaghetti hoop

1 Like

I was going for a custard doughnut in a microwave :wink:

4 Likes

Or Poet’s eggs in the microwave this morning :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Poet lays eggs :scream:
What with Bongo’s Grandad/Uncle transformation this place is full of surprises.

6 Likes

Micro bidding wars on eBay. This is a Kayak that had a Buy it Now of £500, and has 9 days to go. 2 bidders with 25 bids between them, and we’re at 188 quid now :sweat_smile: Who TF thinks they are going to win a £725 kayak for £4.44…

2 Likes

I thought it was a euphemism for his balls. I’m not surprised he’s feeling a bit grumpy if he zaps his balls every morning.

3 Likes

Is sniping still a thing. I used to do it manually but there is software for it.

2 Likes

Yeah I use an app occasionally. Powder dry, set my max bid, 3 secs to go…roll the dice. Got a few great bargains that way.

4 Likes

Was just over a Tescoes and there was a guy in there who is the spitting image of Stephen Graham.

Was speaking in a foreign language so pretty dure it wasnt.

2 Likes

Yeah this is generally my method, currently trying to buy a SUP for buttons

1 Like

Reminds of a flight I took In the Maldives.

We flew Heathrow to Colombo, Sri Lanka, then took a flight to Gan international airport in the Maldives. From there we took a sea plane which had a bout 8 seats and room for luggage in the rear.

Jesus christ that was an interesting flight. It was tiny, cramped, noisy af and to top it all off we landed in the Indian Ocean by a wooden jetty and waited for a boat to pick us up to take us to our island.

Some journey!

3 Likes

Posh Kebab for tea

4 Likes

There’s one in town but I’ve never tried one, are they good?

Yeah it was really nice. All that was £13. The kebab with beef, chilli cheese bites, fries and drink and the three sauces.

Would recommend

1 Like