A place for random, light hearted nonsense

잘했어요. :+1:

1 Like

Go on then, what’s that? Carol Baskin in Korean? :smiley:

He just needs to learn the word for shark and then the sentence will be very useful.

4 Likes

roughly translated ‘well done’. (jaelhass-eyo)

1 Like

Im not great at languages but quite often its obvious to me that the subtitles on a film do not match what is being said, even close

2 Likes

the 1st time we saw Trainspotting was in a cinema in Chamonix - English (well Scottish) version with French subtitles. At one point Begsby swore quite profousely (no surprise there) and us Brits in the audience after seeing the subtitles said - “he didn’t say that!”. There was frankly no way anyone could have translated what Begsby said into a foreign language.

1 Like

Yeah it’s funny when you’re watching a subtitled film and someone will rattle on for 30 seconds and the subtitle just says ‘yes fine’ :smile:

3 Likes

Or launches into a long expletive filled rant, and then the translator says “He says no.”

1 Like

Korean films have ‘gosh’ a lot. They aren’t saying gosh :wink:

2 Likes

Amazon wonders if I want add accidental damage to a bag of wood logs. :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

Maybe I can claim that I put them in a pizza oven and set them on fire and now they have gone

11 Likes

I guess they’re thinking if someone spends nearly £20 for a couple of logs in a bag it’s got to be worth a punt :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I was a bit surprised at the cost to be fair. Manual says Hardwood is recommended.

Local firewood place would be a fraction of that cost. Amazon are charging 25% of what you’d pay for a ton bag of kiln dried hardwood.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the pizza oven here?
Fnar fnar

@bob - Milton Keynes fuel prices innit. They get stung on everything

3 Likes

Just looks like a premium price for the convenience of buying a small quantity of marketed - “pizza oven logs” - with packaging and delivery. There’s no way it wouldn’t be cheaper to just pop in to a local firewood place.

2 Likes

They do need to be a specific size but yeah it does seem a rip off.

1 Like

There was a story doing the rounds many years ago about someone in the US who claimed on their insurance for the loss of 12 cigars saying each one had been burnt, then insurers then pursued 12 claims of arson, would love it to be true

2 Likes

Gumtree is good for finding local firewood merchants. Up here air dried hardwood logs are going for £80-90 m3 delivered.

2 Likes

I think the person who bought @fruit_thief s derailleur is a vegetable packer for Tescoes.

13 Likes

Maybe the typographer missed a comma, should read: 4 baking, potatoes :thinking:

9 Likes