Aero on a budget

@Doonhamer Might swap that one for one of the 2 i just replaced on the bike.

Latex inners are now on, as are the GP5000s. My thumbs also now hurt a lot! haha!

@JaRok2300 ta - i’ll leave it as it is then. Fingers crossed they won’t be required.

6 Likes

That might work loose and eject everywhere.
My Velcro saddle bag did.
Ended up shoving it down my top.

Could you not get a Fizik saddle bag?
They’re nice and aero and just clip onto the seat clip :+1:t3:

I’m not spending any more money on this shiz! That’s all i have, it’s what’s going on!!! haha

I may cover it in duct tape on the front and back, just for a tad more security. If i have to open it, my race time is over anyway! I used it on my crappy roads a couple of weeks ago and it didn’t so much as budge an inch. It’s actually pretty tight and sturdy.

1 Like

Aero ish… can safely drink from the bottle so that’s bonus :joy:
The rear bottle is a tool bag and is secure.

5 Likes

What’s the race (must have missed it sorry)?

If that for me mate it’s Cleveland Steelman in 3 weeks. Not even close to as ready as I’d hoped but fingers crossed I’ll get round sub 6 hours. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Stealth with drop handlebars?

I’m liking your Garmin mount on the aero bottle too

Yeah it was gunna be a road bike as the Stealth is pretty much road bike geometry, but I did a Frankenstein job on the seat post to get a most aggressive Seat Post angle. The drop bars are just a confidence thing for climbing and general handling.
The mount puts the Garmin exactly where I want it. Don’t have to move my head so see it.

1 Like

Well i went for it and shaved the old pins. Didn’t have a battery for my trimmer thing so I went through 2 x disposable razors! A few cuts near my nobbly knees from getting impatient, as it was taking ages.

Is it wrong that I kind of like it?! :joy:

6 Likes

Nice and smooth like a babies arse yeah :rofl:

The stubble in a couple of days will drive you mad I imagine. Your other half taken the piss yet?

2 Likes

Relentlessly in the ten mins I’ve seen her. She’s having her haircut and I took the girls down to have hers done. She revelled in telling her hairdresser why I have cuts in my legs! :joy:

4 Likes

It’ll be worth it when you come back a hero tomorrow

Oh btw the newer Elite bottle is in stock from Merlin again.

Bought one the other day. Just over 20 quid including postage

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone in my house will give even the slightest of shits!

The girls will ask if I won, to which the answer will clearly be no. Then the eldest will use my powers against me and tell me as long as I tried my best and had fun!

Mrs GB will be hoping I’ll stop thinking and talking about races (clearly I’ll be planning what’s next).

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Yeah. You’re going to do a full next year!

1 Like

Just say yes and buy a trophy on the way home, they’ll then think their dad is awesome and by the time they realise you (probably) didn’t win they’ll probably be into clubbing and boys anyway :joy:

** obvs your sporting talents are better than mine :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Cheers, been waiting for somewhere to have some stock. Avoiding inflated ebay prices

1 Like

Don’t :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Oh, go on!!!
Do another big one.

:denmark::denmark::denmark:

2 Likes