Aldi Bratwurst (proper hot dogs)

Sod C19, Nike, Rapha, toilet roll, hand sanitiser and all the other crap;

WHEN ARE ALDI GOING TO GET THE PROPER BRATWURST BACK IN STOCK?

I’ve tried numerous different styles of replacement hot-dogs (Bockwurst, American, jarred, shrink wrapped etc) but none come close to these proper ones.

Do Lidl do a similar version? Or Morrison’s?

My butcher doesn’t have any, Booths don’t do them, Waitrose don’t either.
Sainsbury’s have none, Tesco is garbage and I caught something the last time I went to ASDA.

1 Like

You tried Weisswürst yet? A Bavarian staple; but tbh I rarely ate them as they were 120% fat. Must be eaten with sweet mustard…OBVS.

Ooh, no - where would I get them from?
Ooh, veal, delicious! I love veal.

A colleague mentioned some South African sausage from a “special” butchers in Northwich, though I’m not sure how “League of Gentleman” those may be ?

Boiled rather than fried though.

Tried these in Berlin a couple of years ago.

Taste way better than they look!

Was served in a large pot with some sort of broth which I presumed they had been boiled in.

Lovely with a spicy mustard as you say :ok_hand:t2:

I had them with sauerkraut and bread; it was Bayern. In Bavaria, the mustard is always sweet, something like Handelmaier’s. There is something known as the Weißwurstäquator (white sausage equator) in Germany.

2 Likes

SHUT IT!

You all be making me mad hungry.

lidl do the same yes, and they’re normally in stock

gross things though.

1 Like

Had them in Bavaria a couple of years back. Won’t be having again.

Gavin Conway? He does a great wors (sausage)!! He’s at the knutsford makers market, stop in and give it a try. He does the sausage in burger patty too, you might want to try that first just cos you’re a Brit :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wors is delicious but aldi bratwurst is yummy and remarkably low in fat and other rubbish.

1 Like

ACE!!!
We will give him a try :+1:t3:
Cheers - market was two weeks ago, we usually go and get trampled :see_no_evil:

The new Hungarian guy there doing chimney cakes is AMAZING!