All things camping & campervan

Eagle has landed!

5 Likes

This is us. North Devon.

3 Likes

We went to White sands in Pembrokeshire first. Meant to be the nicest beach in the UK. We didn’t that it was all that and much preferred Putsborough.
We are now at Hillend in The Gower. I ran to Worms Head Bay today. Stunning.
Can’t say the beds in the VW will any comfort awards.

A lot of people seem to use a thin memory foam mattress topper over the built in cushions. I could sleep on a clothes line so haven’t felt the need but the seat cushions don’t generally form a perfectly flat surface like a real mattress.

1 Like

Nah, Whitesands is nice, but nothing special. Loads better beaches in Pembs - Barafundle is one of my favourites.

3 cliffs in the Gower however is far superior!

Spent many a night camping in 'gennith though. Love it there.

1 Like

Ok, not a campervan.
We’ve had folding campers for the last 15/20yrs, but having thought that the kids (17 &21) wouldn’t fancy coming along with Mum & Dad we bought a 2001 Eriba Puck L a couple of years ago & love it. No big, white, wobbly box for us.
Needless to say we haven’t managed to shake of the kids & they have their own pup tents.

(Photo taken a couple of minutes ago of our pitch in the Ardèche)

3 Likes

Yeah we found a topper in a cupboard in the van. Made a huge difference to the comfort. Now if someone could turn this gale down to a light offshore, that would be great thanks. :grin:

1 Like

Obviously they asked me first!

2 Likes

It’s OK but no-one will wave👋

I’d love one but I’d have to sell the house to afford it…

aaaaghhhh - don’t get me started on the idiot wavers! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Is it the equivalent of wearing a Captain’s hat on the Norfolk Broads? :laughing:

Very strict hierarchy in the VW world, I’m well down the pecking order :cry:

probably. It seems that if you drive a motorhome then you MUST wave when you see another coming in the opposite direction. just why?? it makes no sense to us, so we ignore the fuckers if they wave at us and probably end up being called miserable bastards by them. you can’t even escape it on the continent and Germans, French etc all bloody do it. I invoke the Marx Philosophy - Groucho Marx that is - who said “I don’t want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member”.

3 Likes

I wave back if another VW waves at me, simply as it seems rude not to, but never instigate it. My van doesn’t have a name either, but I’m straying dangerously towards the rant thread now!
Ps. There’s always a niggle at the back of my mind that they’re waving because it’s on fire or something’s fallen off :open_mouth:

Hahaha. That actually made me lol. I often think this when I’m flashed by other drivers. I’m always thinking they’ve seen a flat tyre or something

1 Like

Is that like the ZipVan wave?

If you’re driving a ZipVan in London it seems to be compulsory to wave at any fellow ZipVanners that you pass on your travels :thinking:

looks up Zipvan - us out of towners are clearly not up with this urban lingo…:joy:

I will admit ours does…:hot_face:…Pearl2. Pearl was our last one which was called that as a lot of the finance for it came from a Pearl Insurance life policy that matured after 40+ years that I took out at 18. gave me quite a nice lump sum.

1 Like

Hire-by-the-hour vans used by Londoners to move large and bulky loads around town at the weekend :rofl: