All things camping & campervan

Yes.

V60 brew, got to get the water to coffee ratio right.

2 Likes

First time out with the trailer for a quick overnight family wild camp in Lochnagar estate. Much easier than walking in with a big rucksack. We barely saw a soul once away from Balmoral. Lovely.

17 Likes

Ba*tard popped beam. And yeah, it was my fault. I was too lazy to check the recommended pressure and pumped it too high. Sun finally decides to come out and BANG :boom: (I assume)

7 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate, must be a bit of a let down!

6 Likes

Well, that’s blown it.

6 Likes

Oh no, is there an easy fix?

1 Like

he could pop over to a tent shop….

4 Likes

He’s expelled all the options

1 Like

he could cut his losses and look for a flat nearby….

4 Likes

Inflation is really biting now

2 Likes

your kids are still short, what’s the problem?

1 Like

No problem. We’re rocking it out.

Luckily it was beam 3. The best possible one to have gone! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

On the plus side, SsangYong now have their new family car design sorted. :wink:

3 Likes

Off here in the van tomorrow, local and cheap with covers of most of my favourite bands. Best of all, meeting a couple of old mates I haven’t seen since before Covid.
I’m genuinely far more excited than a middle aged man should be about something so “normal”

4 Likes

I assume they do patches? Otherwise a Thermarest patch kit might do the trick?

1 Like

Are you running tubeless or inner tubes? Whack some sealant in there and pump it back up :rofl:

4 Likes

They do, but this is a full blow out!

New beam required. That’s gonna sting at £60 odd.

3 Likes

I can think of nothing better than being blasted in the face with sticky white goo in the middle of the night, oooeeer missus :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Schoolboy error, filled the camper fridge with cans last night and hooked up to the mains. Checked this morning and it’s barely taken a degree or two off.
Googled it and apparently these old 3-way fridges take a couple of days to cool right down, especially if full of warm stuff. (We’ve always put the stuff in already cold in the past)
Not leaving until lunchtime so everything out, into the fridge at home then back in with a couple of huge freezer blocks just before I leave.
Won’t have EHU at the festival so relying on it staying cold inside or run it on gas which I’ve never done before and still baffles me :thinking:

3 Likes

Our Eriba fridge is 20+yrs old & can struggle a bit, over the years we’ve learned that…

• pack fridge 24hrs before travelling :wink:
  • a full fridge is more efficient
  • fridge being level is really important
  • we leave a couple of cool blocks in freezer compartment all the time, they cool at night & provide additional cooling during the day
  • when really hot we have a couple of usb fans to help the fridge vent extract the hot air

Enjoy your festival, it sounds like you’re going to have a great time :smiley:

2 Likes