All things camping & campervan

we’d cope OK for a couple of months

1 Like

I have found old inner tubes cut up and wedged in rattle places to be the best - the rubber is better at absorbing vibration than cardboard. Downside is that the rubber is often too thick to wedge in some gaps.

3 Likes

Just getting some insurance quotes for the new camper - fuck me, prices have gone up!

2 Likes

Saw this at the moto cafe and had a really nice chat with the couple that owned it. The guy was in the Marines for 22yrs but couldn’t swim, then the conversation turned to triathlon and turns out he did Outlaw in 2017 but had to learn to swim. :smile:

Anyway, he finished and he now has his first 100km coming up late June I think, it’s one of the Albion ones. (they live in Yeovil). He also did The Grizzly a few weeks back.
We didn’t end up talking about the car at all. :rofl:

10 Likes

cracking conversion but probably a bit cosy inside

2 Likes

First weekend away for the season to take in the Harlech Duathlon & watch friends doing the Tri.

Our campsite was on BBC Wales News the other night as part of a report on how wet the Spring is. They’ve had to reduce bookings to allow the pitches time to recover & I can understand why, the ground is sodden.

Despite that the site is fantastic, on a wee farm at the end of a dead end road on the side of the estuary with Portmerion just across the water. Just been for a soggy walk & it was :heart_eyes:.

16 Likes

You didn’t see any of those giant bubbles coming across the estuary when you were out walking did you?

2 Likes

He is a free man :grin:

2 Likes

Blowing an absolute hoolie last night, with the accompanying rain. Had to drop the pop-top for the first time ever including last year in Amsterdam when we went through their worst summer storm in 30yrs.

I hate dropping the top because:-

1. The risk of concussion is real.

2. Our 'van looks like any other WWB, white, wobbly box :grin:.

(There’s only one other pitch occupied.)

9 Likes

Read pop-tart first time round :laughing:
Edit:

4 Likes