All Things Cats

Wow. Monty’s really similar to Merlin. :black_heart:

Merlin was in Battersea cats and dogs home for 3 weeks, when we got him. Most cats are re-homed from there in hours or days. It was simply because he was a black cat. Couldn’t imagine our lives without him now.

7 Likes

They sound very similar in behaviour from what you’ve written too. Ours were at the rescue centre for about a month - probably longer than normal as they were being kept as a pair.

2 Likes

Rubbish selfie taken late last night when I was pinned down by the baby and Rocco. Rocco is the outdoor cat that we rarely see inside these days, especially since having the boys. He’s been inside a lot more often since the temperatures dropped, but tends to hide away in wardrobes (need to make sure the door is left ajar) or under beds. Having him sit on me was a rare treat.

His bother Jesse (we kept the names from the previous owners) is very different and spends most nights taking up space on my side of the bed.

13 Likes

Ooh a box

12 Likes

Got a mate at work, sleeping on my laptop bag today

15 Likes

11 Likes

He’s a tall boy for 10 months old. When stretched he can almost reach the top slat of the blinds. Nothing is safe in this house.

12 Likes

How have i never seen this thread before, literally first time its shown up on my feed. Is it because I support a team with this guy in :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Just did an image search on him. Ah yes, that bloke. I remember reading about his caring nature towards cats in the papers.

1 Like

Teeth cleaned and two teeth removed, along with a couple of lumps. Another eight days with the cone of shame. :frowning:

17 Likes

The likeness to Monty is uncanny:

(not a recent photo)

11 Likes

Well they both look pissed off :smile:.

Gracie a few years ago when she was bitten on her front right leg.

Her variety of plasters

10 Likes

He’s gorgeous.

1 Like

My stupid cat forgets to put her tongue back in after grooming :joy:

14 Likes

This is probably a story for the cat thread rather than the dog thread.

I was walking out 3 dogs the other day. They were on their leads and in their usual formation - Chip, self-appointed head of security was in the lead, Akiko was in the middle and big Raph was bringing up the rear.

Chip had found an interesting smell on the wall and wasn’t paying attention to what was in front of him, so he didn’t notice the big ginger Tom cat that poked its nose out of the gateway ahead.

Usually in this situation the cat would quickly retreat to a safe distance, but this south London council estate cat was taking no shit.

It launched itself at Chip, knocking him flat before he knew what had hit him :flushed:

It backed away slightly and was getting ready to pounce again when big Raph came charging through and it thought better of it and retreated over the wall.
:rofl:

8 Likes

Not round here. Dunno what the cats are made of, but they do not to our dogs at all.
Lay on the drives, few feet from ours yanking on the leads and they just don’t move.

5 Likes