And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

8 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t really take photos of picturesque things, although I did take this one from our bedroom window the other week. The sunset seemed quite dramatic that night set against the nearly pitch-black skyline

Other than that, the picture I took that I really liked was this one. Simply because in the fast finish of a bunch sprint, I managed to take one photo in total. And in that image, I got so much action, drama and chaos. I got it printed and framed, and the framer was quite taken by it as there was so much to look at (annoyingly, I now don’t know where the raw image is … this is just taken from a compressed social media version)

Finally, I thought I’d include this one. Mainly because it looks fake, and it just came out really well and makes me smile!

17 Likes

Which one are you ?

2 Likes

hah… love it!

Is that a quokka? Rottnest Island?

2 Likes

I’m not any sort of photographer, but this is Durdle Door 7 minutes ago courtesy of my son who is there

8 Likes

Have some Erg Chebbi

13 Likes

Sure I’ve got other architecture but this will have to do for now…

11 Likes

Star Wars ?

Carnac temple?

Yup

1 Like

2019. Happy travel days.

10 Likes

That was Tunisia.

This is Morocco

@FatPom do you know this area well? We’re staying for a night in Weare Gifford this month, and Westward Ho is the nearest beach. Is that the best one? It looks quite ‘pebbley’ on Google Earth. I see just up from there is Greysands beach.

I don’t know it really well, stayed there twice. The beach is sand, especially to the right of the arcade but the only issue with the place is the beach completely disappears when the tide is in. It comes right up to the sea wall.
Excellent rock pool exploring to be had to the left of the arcade ( in front of the massive apartment block). If you aren’t into surfing, I’d say there are probably more family friendly places that have beach all day but we didn’t explore much.
My mate who doesn’t surf, always stays in Appledore, he can’t stand Westward Ho and thinks the whole place is ‘strange’ but I’ve never been to Appledore so couldn’t say.
It gets a decent wave and at high tide you can ride right into the boat ramp and walk out but for us, as a family, I doubt we’ll go again.

9 Likes

Mean and moody Felixstowe.

12 Likes

Love that

fab picture!