And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

Luckily there’s not many sharks in the Trent :thinking::joy:

Shopping trolleys are vicious though!

1 Like

I thought navigable waterways was one of the places where you do have a right to swim (in England), maybe things have changed

many larger rivers have a statutory public right of navigation created from acts of parliament (some are listed at the bottom of this page). This right of navigation is generally interpreted to extend to swimming, although bylaws may restrict swimming on some stretches (e.g. near locks) on safety grounds due to the chance of a collision with a boat.

2 Likes

Snowdon Horseshoe from Capel Curig (early morning as I set off on my ride yesterday)

Nantlle Pass - low down (heading east)

16 Likes

Is that Horseshoe Pass (I don’t remember any water!)? I did that as part of Etape Cymru once, it’s a lovely ride but we did it as a special ‘timed section’, not much chance to look around.

Beautiful part of the world.

No, this is much further west - I did a loop round the Llyn Peninsula yesterday:

The only water near the Horseshoe Pass is the river Dee which you would have almost certainly crossed or ridden alongside to get to the bottom of the climb

North Wales is definitely my happy place for cycling :slight_smile:

9 Likes

11 Likes

Guess that answers my question on the other thread! :joy:

Haha, yeah although I think it’s going to cloud over at 11 but should stay dry.

2 Likes

Hmmm … Ribblehead?

So Etape du Dales or 3 Peaks at this time of year … can’t remember quite which weekends they happen

2 Likes

Yes, 3 peaks.

1 Like

Yeah I wasn’t thinking clearly this morning. I remember a river because one of the aid stations was there.

I also remember Worlds End and been passed by Ian Bibby on a Brompton!

Iconic mountain view, and a baboon’s arse.

13 Likes

That’s why Scotland’s great. Can jump in anywhere!

2 Likes

Did you go up? A fine view from Buachaille :sunglasses:

Not this time. I think 2006 was my last time up there! Once solo’d it in winter; t’was a mighty fine Alpine start! Up the main gully into the saddle (prob Grade II winter) then to the summit. When I was coming back down, there were several groups snaking up the valley; people who’d had the same idea that glorious Tuesday morning in February 2005.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect.

I’ve got a desk covered in Harveys at the moment planning something in Torridon tomorrow. Still struggling post covid so trying to balance a good day with questionable fitness.

2 Likes

Indeed, although hopefully this year they’ll stop drowning themselves down your way :grinning:

1 Like

I would love to see a life size replicas of the Temples from that site, blooming impressive structures.

They never learn

view from the top of Mynydd Llangorse today towards Pen-y-Fan. not great as clouds coming in

16 Likes