And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

We were surfing earlier. Got back into dry clothes. The Sun keeps going in and out. It’s not freezing but just that annoying temp in between long sleeve, short sleeve.

Ah well, it’s a nice day out👍

2 Likes

Looks like a lovely day at the beach :heart_eyes: How was the surfing? Did you get schooled my LO?

It was rideable but not great as the tide was going out. It’s just turned at midday so might be better in a couple of hours.

I didn’t bring my stick because I knew it would’ve only one day and storing it at Mums is about of a pain for the rest of our week.

So we just brought the shark biscuits and ride them this morning but I will hire a pop out this afternoon

Is that a massive flat screen in the beach hut??

1 Like

If it is, it’s stuck on one channel :rofl:

2 Likes

I need you to translate this for me :rofl:
What stick, what are shark biscuits and what’s a pop out?

1 Like

Guessing shark biscuits are body boards maybe?

A stick is a short board (thruster) needs a bigger wave really.

A shark biscuit, or speed bump is a bodyboard.

A pop out is a very common type of board that you can hire(or buy). They aren’t shaped by hand, they’re popped out of a mould, They are sharper than a surf school foamie but not as fast as proper ‘hard board’

2 Likes

Sun is out to play👍

6 Likes

Love Saunton, think we went there 3 years in a row when my lad was young (he’s 20 now). We’d ask him what he wanted to do this year and he just say to go back there as he loved it and didn’t see any point going anywhere different in case it wasn’t as good.

3 Likes

Funny you should say that. We were just saying whether to try it next year instead of Putsborough.
Puts has a better wave but Saunton is more convenient to drive to and a slightly smaller hill to walk up. We obviously didn’t walk the hill today as we parked in the beach car park. £8.50 for 4hrs and £1 p/h on top of that!

2 Likes

That yacht I saw. Tbh, in 2022, I’m not sure I’d call that a Super Yacht; unless everything else is a mega or giga yacht😅. Seriously lacking a ‘beach club’ for my needs.

I wonder if it’s the Lansdown Hargreaves guys who bought it.

A couple to make @FatPom feel nostalgic…

9 Likes

You really took that car for a long drive! :smile:

Are you in some kind of nature reserve? Kookaburras and bloody noisy and don’t really GAF about anything. They’re tough little bastards.

Is the other one is a wallaby that ate all the pies? Bit hard to tell from that angle.

2 Likes

Yup. Chubby little wallaby. Love kookaburras, they’re ace!

2 Likes

Finished my run and walked through town. The Crown Inn are milking it🤣

4 Likes

what came first - the company name or the numberplate?? (piss poor photo but we were on the move)

3 Likes

My number plate has two Xs in it, so I’d be screwed :rofl:

Guy in the village has a new motor home (looks like one of those mobile libraries!) RV22 BUS.

15 Likes