And now for the gallery... ...what images have you got?

Who needs to travel abroad eh @Poet :wink:

16 Likes

EXACTLY :heart_eyes:

Seen some of my running pals on Facebook visited Whitby and said they loved it. Then comments beneath on how lovely it is.

Why bother with airport stress and jabs and passports and all that jazzle :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Nice! Is it Sunny Cove near Salcombe?

Looks lush

1 Like

Guaranteed 30C plus is as good reason as any

ETA: and shit like this:

7 Likes

Mrs FP was giving me grief about never celebrating my medals, so I dug out the box. Most of the time I refuse them and I’ve binned a load in moves but do keep the ones from the races that mean a lot

12 Likes

:joy:

And the other angle.
With the clapped out road and open sewer.

Giza ain’t got nowt on these :heart_eyes:

A free-flowing M60?
Now that’s a Wonder of the World :+1:t3:

RAF Fylingdales MkII (the golf balls were visually better)

7 Likes

Or, do both more like! :joy:

@fruit_thief pretty much. East Portlemouth Salcombe.

2 Likes

My mate’s down there at the mo visiting her hideously wealthy brother. He’s got one of the houses overlooking the estuary. Looks a glorious place. Not visited yet. I must explore the south west more!

3 Likes

I have a couple of those myself.

Rhats the original Outlaw medal isn’t it?

And what was your CTT medal?

1 Like

Yes Outlaw 2010, my first iron distance race but more importantly, got to meet ‘Dr Dre’ :grin:

The CTT one is for National Circuit TT Champs at Thruxton. I’ve done it 3 times but only kept that one.

That one with the purple ribbon next to the CTT medal is one of the first running races I ever did. It was called ‘Race Abreast’ and is held on Mother’s Day in Sydney to raise money for breast cancer research. 8km. I can’t remember the year but I think 1989/90

@Whisk might recognise one in there :wink:

1 Like

21 Likes

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous photos, with one more for good measure :grin: :

Out in Snowdonia for the weekend which I will enjoy just as much but hey, for all its beauty, you don’t get 23km cols in Wales

9 Likes

Bwlch-y-groes ?
:joy:

I’ve done Glandon and Madelaine back to back and back again. Oh how I laughed!

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve got photos of CdlCdF, but I’ve done it a couple of times as part of The Marmot route & never had weather like that.

Grabbed a quick snap each time on the Galibier.

FB_IMG_1659694963096

ETA, found a picture from CdlCdF :grin:

8 Likes

I had some lovely shots of me climbing Galibier, no wind, blue sky and short sleeves against a backdrop of 8ft snow walls.

They went up on photobucket where I stupisdly didn’t save them and I can’t find them anywhere on this or my old drives. :-1:

No, hiking over Snowdon on the S-N ridge tomorrow (from Nant Gwynant to Moel Eilio) and then the rather excellent ‘2 Dams’ ride on Sunday.
You may recall 2 of my favourite climbs from last year are on this route (Marchlyn Mawr and Stwlan Dam) :grin:

2 Likes

Tough. We did the Madelaine the next day after the Lacets / Col de Chaussy. It was a tough way to finish the trip but (fortunately for me) was on it early enough that it wasn’t all that hot until the final couple of km.

Did I post a pic of the Lacets de Montvernier? They are great fun but less photogenic than you might imagine without a drone

Might as well go the whole hog with the Madeleine:

6 Likes

I’ve not done Lacets.

Our last day, after 6 days of 8/9hrs was:
Col de la Sarenne, then over the back to AdH, drop down 6 hairpins, then a back back way down to the valley, a 12km flat TT effort to the base of AdH, then a timed TT for each of us. I only managed a 1.36, I was fucked. Then we climbed another 7km to the top of La Sarenne and back down to the van.

Then drove back to base at Valmenier 1600, then packed the bikes ready for departure in the morning. Safe to say, slept well! :smile:

1 Like

My CdlM was better, shorts & shades day :sunglasses:. I cycled over from Annecy & back via Albertville.

Check out my activity on Strava: Follow Ian on Strava to see this activity. Join for free.

ETA, both our pictures look as if we’re in front of a poster :joy:. Cracking backdrop.

12 Likes