Annual Stats 2019

Quick question for those using Zwift (and similar software)
Do you record & upload the session on you Garmin (other watches/head units are available) or upload directly from the software?
The reason for my question is that I get no elevation from riding the Turbo as I just use my Garmin, even when I was using the Bkool software and riding real routes I still only uploaded from the Garmin, but I’m guessing if you upload direct from Zwift etc. it gives you the climbing.

What I like about TP, is it just allows me to focus on CTL/TSS, and I can have duration/distance at my fingertips if I want it. Everything else is a bit superfluous (to me) unless you just want to track everything for it’s own sake.

Just curiosity really, I don’t track elevation but seeing people quoting annual elevation figures on here made me wonder if that included virtual or not.

I know, ignore them. I’ll just post my number of swims from Strava on here to trigger @stenard :rofl:

1 Like

I’m holding off until Sunday. May make mine look a tiny bit more respectable that way! :joy:

4 Likes

I’m on 85 swims and 190,304m. There are 5 club swims before the end of the year and they’re usually 2000-2500m so I probably need all 5 to crack 200km, but one of them is after a works Xmas lunch.
I can feel a last minute New Year’s Eve splash & dash coming on!
100 runs is looking tight too but a lot easier to fix.

I’m on 339,577 for the last 12 months.

1 Like

I have Zwift to Garmin, Strava and Training Peaks. It is easy to do, log into Zwift on your PC, click settings on top left, then click connections (above left of your picture), you can then connect to different apps like Garmin and Strava.

If you use a Garmin head unit, which is connected to your trainer, it will not record elevation, and it will also show a different speed… or it used to, I have not done it for a couple of years

The only slightly annoying thing about connecting Zwift to Garmin connect is that it doesn’t include Zwift workouts in your Garmin Training Load… but since I use training peaks, it doesn’t really matter

1 Like

Everything comes from my Garmin device to whatever App. Elevation is a moot point on a dumb trainer in the garage; the workout TSS, is what it is.

Swim - 0 … wanted to get back into swimming but tough when sessions clash with family time

Run - 1; 3km santa dash last weekend :santa:

Bike - hit 5200 miles last week, should end up on 5500-5600 at year end if weather stays good
Currently 159 rides, 85,000m ascent and 362 hrs ride time
A good year - cycling round Wales was so good I might do it again in 2020 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Swim - 1 OW about 500m

Bike - 4 rides - 39.2km - 485m elevation

Run - 152 runs - 2,051km - 41,665m elevation gain - 194 hours

That’s 3rd highest run mileage out of 7 years i’ve been tri/running. Missed a number of weeks (again) with injury, and i’m unlikely to run more than a few time during the rest of this month. I’d be very fortunate to hit 2,100 km.

Had what felt like a very light summer, so was expecting total mileage to have been a bit lower comparatively. But i guess my long stuff has gotten progressively longer (certainly compared to 2013 when i started).

2nd highest year for elevation only 5.5k behind 2017 when i ran over 3,000km.

Just noticed that Strava is giving me an extra swim over my own record. I’ve got 85 and my 2019 stats on Strava show 86 (and 1600m extra too). I’ve filtered Strava activities on swims and counted them and there are only 85 in 2019.
Any ideas how it might be picking up an extra?
I’m on 191,000m (192,500 on Strava) at the moment, with just enough sessions to get to 200,000m, so would hate to fall short as a result of a mix up. My OCD would go into meltdown :scream:

I’ve done quite a lot of swimming, cycling & running this year; especially the first two. Maybe I will dig the figure for the last 12 months out, when I find the time in my über-busy schedule.

0 km for swimming
0 km for running
a bit of bike riding

so about the same as I did for my last IM :grinning:

4 Likes

hello stranger, how goes it?

Hello mate, going great thanks, not been on here for ages, just getting to understand the new set up, but might spend a bit more here now … my tri days are over, but still riding my bike.

1 Like

2 club swims left and 4563m required for 200km.
First one is our “fun” 12 Days of Christmas set which comes up a bit short so second one may have to be a biggie or a public session splash & dash may be required on New Year’s Eve.
Ps. On 95 runs for the year too but getting 5 runs in (of any distance) shouldn’t be an issue.

Yesterday two people separately told me they were on course for getting their last runs of 2019 in to make 700 miles, and 600 miles, respectively.

I just smiled smugly to myself, as my running is way past 900km already :smiley:

But both those numbers in miles, are in excess of 900km?!

3 Likes

:shushing_face:

2 Likes