Badges of Honour

So, we know that access to the Blackpool Lounge is right up there, and that being labelled an ‘absolute legend’ on IMJ is the apex of all things Triathlon; but what else is there…

1 Like

I guess the term ‘epic’ has got to be up there. So many things are apparently epic nowadays

1 Like

winner of the ‘hero hour’…

1 Like

Ending up in the medical tent on a drip after an IM has to be up there, right? :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Yes, it’s like the meaning of the word epic has changed :thinking:

1 Like

Doing an IM and not telling everyone.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it. But it does at least show some ‘commitment’ :sweat_smile: (assuming you finished)

1 Like

I had access, now I don’t, now I’m not even sure if I want back in
:sulks:

2 Likes

I think it’s because someone wanted to talk about you :wink: :sweat_smile:

I can’t actually figure-out how access is controlled; it’s a Site Admin thing I think (Hammerer).

1 Like

pissing yourself on an IM run has to be an honour badge surely?

2 Likes

Not managed that one; but I have seen a guy wizzing out the side of his shorts running the other way in Roth; neat trick I thought (and not exactly bashful!) He used to post on TT1.0 years ago.

1 Like

Remember if you end up getting an IV, you should be DQ’d so it doesn’t matter if you finished or not, you cannot have an IV in competition and keep your result.

1 Like

did it at IMCH - downside was the meeting of concentrated urine and a chafed crutch from the bike. owwww… had to liberally douse water over myself at next aid station!

1 Like

Discussions about IVs always remind me of James Cracknell in the MdS when he was delirious and they wanted to put him on a drip and all he cared about was getting the time penalty for it. There’s driven and there’s shouldn’t be allowed out on your own!

3 Likes

medical assistance after finishing is not a DQ offence - certainly not under ITU rules but maybe in IM??

1 Like

Happened to me on my first IM (Austria 2017). Ran out of juice at 17 miles and kept on running (was chasing sub 11). Very wobbly at the end, then was immediately sick and then onto the medical trolley. Have to say after the drip (3 bags) felt absolutely fantastic :slight_smile:

1 Like

similar happened to my missus at Austria - she overcooked the bike and basically collapsed in T2 so went off to the med tent for a saline drip (and pulled out) and felt right as rain after - so much so that she ran 10k with me into Klaggers and back!

1 Like

It’s about having the Regular badge I thought?

1 Like

You should read his book. On story on a rowing training camp they walked past an electric fence everyday. They kept goading each other to bite the fence.

You can guess who did it.

3 Likes

It is but you can lose that badge if you dont keep up the requirements. It’s not perpetual so you regularly need to pop in and chat shit.

2 Likes