Badges of Honour

I pop on regularly but maybe I don’t chat enough shit…

3 Likes

We had an event here recently something like the ‘Nottingham Epic 10k’ and it was going to be the most epic 10k ever. I think it was basically two laps of Sherwood Pines parkrun or a similar route…

1 Like

Getting banned on ST? :grinning:

3 Likes

Pretty sure Ironman care less about IVs & doping than the ITU!

NOT being vegan :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s just occurred to me that I haven’t looked at Slowtwitch for over a month.

Haha - yeah they came to Exeter as well. A very expensive 10k around the groomed trails in Haldon Forest. Not quite my definition of epic

Didn’t some IM races start charging people for post-race IVs because so many people were treating them as part of the race day experience? :thinking:

You need Trust Level 3 which is gained by hitting a number of criteria over the previous 100 day period . You do not like enough posts though :wink: You are 13 likes short of access. You must give 30 likes in a 100 day period You are still ok on all other criteria

4 Likes

Don’t. He’ll go all Schedboy and like 100 posts in the next 5 mins

3 Likes

I once wanted to advertise my motorbike on a forum but you had to have posted so many times before you could place a for sale ad. I’d been lurking for ages but had only posted a few times. Thinking I was really clever it started making inane posts on some really old threads to hit the required number, not realising this would move them back to the top.
I think I’d done about half a dozen before I realised, I deleted my posts and stuck it on eBay.

3 Likes

I got banned after one post. I’m sure it was @Jorgan who kicked it off and TT went over there on mass to troll. It was a guy who missed cut off but was allowed to finish and get his medal and t-shirt or something

3 Likes

How long ago was that? Don’t remember it, but would imagine we were subtly but knowingly stirring the pot :laughing:

1 Like

As if that’s ever happened :joy:

3 Likes

years back, it was IMUK IIRC. It was a lets trigger the septics but they thought it was ok in a strange way. I joined as Martillo (hammer in spanish) and was banned and deleted immediately on posting

1 Like

4:45 bike split, 6:15 marathon?

That’s “battling” through the pain :rofl:

2 Likes

a run longer than a bike is definitely a badge of honour.

5 Likes

a run longer than a bike is definitely a badge of honour

Done that :joy: Frankfurt in 2015. Not as hot as Outlaw '13 OBVS.

(5:22 & 5:31)

4 Likes

2013 wasn’t hot!!!
I spectated, rode 25km out there, rode 130km spectating, rode 25km home (just!)

Had about four Aspalls Ciders throughout the day.

I think that was my favourite Outlaw :joy::rofl:

6 Likes

2013 was the first UK heatwave we’d had in years iirc (about 6 weeks?)…they’re not so uncommon now though…

1 Like