Bike Candy (or not!)

Yeh I saw that. Screenshot for those who don’t have FB.

Only 340w for 3h13m… what’s his ftp?

Been trying to get a 50kpg avg on a 10km stretch for some time now,
Current best is 48,8 @ 290w… 340w sounds high for 50kph

Estimate his FTP would be 350W based on the 25 time (360W for 45 minutes)…but if his 100 FTP was 340W, then his power curve must be sorta flat?!?

He was DQd from that comp record, as he was riding down the centre line (driver side tyre mark of near side lane) of the DC, forcing cars to overtake closer, therefore achieving that “suck” effect.
It’s classed as dangerous as riders passing you (!) are forced to use the outside lane of the DC.

The 100TT was on the Norfolk course, so not Zurich quality roads.
He was 4.29W/kg for that time.

He works with Xav (of AeroCoach), so his CdA will be awesome.

Your 290W sounds low for 48,8kmh :scream:

1 Like

I seem to remember him riding off course and actually riding further than he needed to also?!

So why did he only do 360W for his 25 mile time?

My mistake, 310W for 48.8 kph

Whoops! My bad :see_no_evil::rofl:

That was Skipper, wasn’t it, in the 12

Despite my love of all things weird and/or ugly, must resist!
Ps. At my weight the removal of seat tubes/stays is probably not going to end well and it looks like frame may have had a hard life from the number of chips.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254433712592

I love strange bikes, but even to me, this looks pretty terrible. Also, I am sure that I wouldn’t trust all of the carbon fiber repairs… especially on the seat stay

2 Likes

Love the HED aerobars but I think that frame is well past it’s best

I had a set of those on my Blade but swapped them out for Use Tulas (more weirdness). They’re still lurking at the back of the shed as I can’t bring myself to get rid of them as in reality I think they were a bit more comfortable.

And another oddity pops up. Think this would make my PRST-1 even uglier than it is now, hmmmmm🤔
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233505141710

I’m following that listing; it could go on the Frankenbike! Spokes look pretty rusted all-round though.

@JaRok2300 I’ve retitled the thread, purely because I suspect somewhere on somebody’s work server that the P word is noted/logged; or at least spotted on a screen. Maybe mine!

2 Likes

Yeah, I spotted that and thought that would be the case.
I sold a motorbike once and described it as an unmolested example (as it was a model very popular for customising) and that miraculously got changed when it was published.
Ps. I’m not planning on bidding for the wheel so won’t be pushing the price up for you.

Good condition my arse - wheel looks wonky and rusty.

Jeez, did you see what it went for? I might have paid £100 or so as a bit of a novelty.

£485 :laughing: Maybe if it looked mint condition, but it looked rusty AF. They are an iconic bit of retro MTB kit, but not worth that £ to me.

1 Like

Since my son has had his exams cancelled, he has spent the last 6 weeks sourcing parts and building a couple of bikes: This is the first

Chinese Aero Frame, 8050 Di2 derailleurs, 6800 chainset, 6770 shifters, Bontrager Aeolus 5 Comp wheels, Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres. It looks really mean

Weight 8.2kg

I took it for a quick lap of the lake, 37.2km with 220m climbing… turns out that this thing shifts, set a lake loop KOM, average speed 40.5kph and AP260w NP 280w. Feels pretty comfortable, handling is good, not quite as sharp as my Canyon, but perfectly competent. It seems to climb well without any significant frame flex.

I now need to take back the KOM on my Canyon… can’t let some cheap chinese copy beat a superbike

7 Likes