Can too much cycling negatively impact running?

Mine was £45. Worth a shot I thought. It has worked fine so far…

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple of cycling mates with deeper pockets than me who have forked out for the premium ones. They do rave about them - I’ve also been getting a lot of targeted ads for them too. (That and resistance bands)

45 quid seems alright. Is there a correct method to using them?

To the original post - a lot of the top South African ultra runners have started incorporating a fair bit of cycling into their training plans. But I suspect this is due to the high relevance of injury in road running ultra elites. Also I’m unsure of their balance of bike to run and zones - maybe some research will help.

To the secondary post - literally arrived in the post today as an early birthday present from my OH. A Recovapro. Seems good. Lets see how it goes. I’ve had a bit of a run of dodgy injuries and, of course, can’t get near my rehab therapist at the moment. So fingers crossed it helps, along with the significant amount of time I now spend doing pilates and stretching.

Not really, I just judge it by pain! And try to mimic the movements a sports massage would give

1 Like

Similar. They have the feel of a gimmick, but I do struggle to obtain the same level of release as massage via my own means. So somewhat interested if people say they work. My quads are becoming rock like with all the cycling and a poorer focus on body maintenance