Car Thread - anything to do with automobiles here

Yes a seemingly innocuous dig I confess. I drive a battered 12 year old Japanese estate btw, hardly flash. Which made me wonder if you’d just decided wind people up and then disappear as normal.

Basically my response just represented 12 years of seeing you poo-poo and sneer at others on the original Forum, which manifested itself in declaring my negative view of you, here on this random thread. In those 12 years I’ve genuinely seen a low ratio of helpful or positive advice from you amongst all that goading. For further context, you may not be aware, but many people were driven away from the original Forum by your behaviour, most notably females. Hence my reference to patriarchal societies. Little to do with “PMS”.

If you or others think I’m being unfair to you, then fair enough. It will all blow over anyway.

1 Like

easy…

1 Like

Or, i could have just as much fun by spending £5k on a Boxster but I want to show how much disposable income i had by disposing of it on a 911 for 10 times the price…

1 Like

i never get to drive my Sue Barrow as it is known in the house and so I get to drive the Posh car most days…

Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 2.0 cdti. Roof bars with massive Thule roofbox on one side and body boards on the other(with a bike lashed to the top). More bikes on tailgate bike rack. Erde Camping trailer. With height extension kit of course.
I think that screams ‘virility’ better than any Porsche could.

3 Likes

Definitely if you have the 7 seater version.

3 Likes

“My Other Car Is A Citroen SpaceTourer”

Land Rover Discovery Sport. It’s a nice car deep down but I detest Chelsea tractors and everything they stand for. Unfortunately the C Class AMG isn’t what the wife wanted (no hatchback)

Peugeot 5008 - Chosen because I can get three car seats in the middle. I also managed to get a family of 5, pushchair, bike and day trip stuff in so pretty useful.

2 Likes

Handed company car back and bought 25 year old VW Camper. I cycle to work most days so it only gets used once a week or so. Was a waste paying for brand new car just to sit on drive.
Still got my motorbike for fun and/or back up.

Work commute dictates the car i drive. 140 mile round trip to the office. But as i spend so much time in the car i dont mind spending money on it.

£ 359 to Service (Main) , MOT, Insure, Tax ( Free) and fill up with fuel…
Recent trip returned a genuine 76 MPG
Cant get a bike in it though… A wheel is no problem though

1 Like

Determined that the next car I buy can take a bike in the back without taking a wheel off!

Front wheel comes off no bother…!? Easier to transport, and lift in and out, looking at a Jeep for Doris, there huge, i think i would still take the front off…?

Look for Fold flat seats and a 350l boot with seats up. Ford Focus 03 and 12 plates can do it.
Piece of piss in a 19 plate Tucson.

However, It’s nigh on impossible with a TT bike, easy with a road bike.
Can’t do it with mudguards and 700c wheels…

…although I think some XC90s had wheel cutouts in the rear seats. So you folded the rear seats down and could get two bikes in with wheel on (maybe seats on the bikes needs to come down)

1 Like

I have a damp 2004 Skoda Fabia. Definitely not winning style or comfort awards but can happily throw a bike in even with clip on bars to be 2 minutes lazy not taking wheel off.

3 Likes

Going to keep my old Golf going for one more year I think. Taking the front wheel off isn’t too bad :smirk: Dirty old diesels are dying with ULEZ etc so the resale will be nothing. 99% of the time I have the two kids seats in the back anyways

Yes your Tucson looked alright actually. Mrs definitely prefers the SUV style but I’m still angling for some sort of estate. But ultimately whatever has the biggest boot will win!

3 Likes

51mpg - no issues.
I’ve done 11k miles in 5 months.
It is boringAF, but we chose it based on numbers, so it’s perfectly fine.

XC90’s are good second hand - usually owned by people like us, too.

1 Like

Don’t mind boring af. Let’s face it I’m at a point in my life where practicality is more important than something a bit flash :rofl:

Diesels will be around for years to come. BEV’s will not take over. more HEVs, but hydrogen cells will be the way forward.

I’ll stick with my Diesel for my 38,000 miles a year thanks