Carbon plate running shoes

I don’t buy Nike, I wear the New Balance ones and really like them.

1 Like

I’ve only ever had have one pair and still have them. The original Next%, they were £250 back in 2019 I think but I do so little road racing these days that I’ve only used them for for a 10km, one HM and two marathons and a couple of training runs.
With the exception of the last marathon which was an absolute disaster at 4.24 where I walked a good deal of it (calf issue), I’ve done pretty well using them.
I like the feel but you have to be ‘on it’, once the pace slows a bit, I find then a bit unstable. I’m not sure I’d wear them at the Winchester Half which has myriad 90deg turns and off camber narrow streets.

Like Jim says, I think it’s more to do with the foam. I’d be keen to try a different pair out of curiosity though.

I have a pair of Topo pebax mid-sole shoe and they’re really nice but not as good as my carbon plated shoes. I think the thickness of the pebax helps with that feeling of the lower limbs feeling less beaten up after a run. But that is just a guess.

Whilst there is benefit to running in other areas beyond the key working muscles, what i have not been able to determine is whether there is benefit from training in these shoes beyond the benefit of familiarisation.

if we assume that we train to stress the muscles and adaptations can occur as a result, then running in these shoes which creates less stress potentially has less benefit. Therefore, whilst we are able to train more often because their construction is much more forgiving than conventional shoes, it is not inconceivable that we have to train more often to create the effect we need.

4 Likes

Forgot to put the review in.

Even Decathlon do them!

2 Likes

:eyes:£130. … worth a flutter I’m thinking

1 Like

If the Kiprun POS trail shoes we got from them are anything to go by, save your money👍

2 Likes

The Decathlon ones had really poor reviews. You can pick up VFs for around £135 in sales, so much better waiting for those if you can.

4 Likes

I’m not. Wait for VFs at the same price.

Doh - you made me look. VFs at £157 only in my size…England Athletics discount takes it to £140 delivered

1 Like

only tempted because there’s a decathlon in the mall and I have no idea if Nike deliver here :smile:

1 Like

Well it’s been a month and I bought myself some Saucony Endorphin Pro 3 carbon plate runners for my half marathon.
I used to use Saucony fastwitch runners. These Endorphin Pro 3’s are from a different galaxy. Plush feel underfoot, light, extra whoosh with every stride. I’m sure they make your cadence and stride length go faster and longer. A struggle to keep up with the things. Running times were down also. A win-win with further potential once I can keep up the them.

10 Likes