Christmas 2020 - The Thread

I’m not going to argue with but you’re wrong. So you sit there in your wrongness being wrong.

You’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. :grin:

I’ll double down. i’ve never seen Forest Gump and I thought Shawshank Redemption was shit. :joy:

Black Christmas (original) IS a Xmas film.

2 Likes

Forest Gump you ain’t missing much. I wasnt over taken with Shawshank Redemption either.

As kids, the tree went up mid December and we shared the annual (picture) Advent Calendar no chocolate every day! But hey, that was the 1980s…only milk floats were electric back then, and no-one knew what the Internet was.

2 Likes

I’m more than sure, that when i was a kid, we would put the decorations up on the day we broke up for school holidays (usually a Friday) and Dad would do the tree when he came home from work.

Wasn’t that the SAS? This is the UK politics thread isn’t it? :rofl:

Will go and buy a real tree from a local nursery tomorrow.

1 Like

Speaking of Christmas films I’m watching Leathal Weapon. Only just noticed that the ex special forces, highly trained assassin Riggs flinches everytime he fires his gun. The scene in the shooting alley he looks like hes having a seizure.

3 Likes

Are you saying Mel Gibson is a shit actor?

Cos I’m pretty sure there’s worse accusations he’s dealt with😂!!

3 Likes

Shit actor, appaling human being.

2 Likes

Lousy Seppos :smile:

Well we watched Christmas Chronicles, with Kurt Russell of all people. As far as Xmas films go, it was alright for a kids film. Big little GB was mesmerised by it, so I’d put up with that bollocks any day to see her eyes so full of wonder to be fair.

2 Likes

My version, put on a Chanukah Spotify playlist including this.

https://youtu.be/IQY9z4Ko3FE

2 Likes

Loved it…Happy Gilmore is my favourite comedy movie ever…ergo I adore AS already…

Practically then…do you celebrate Xmas in your house?
Just tell me to mind my own beeswax if you don’t want to share…

I was reading Giles Coren today. He was talking about being brought up Jewish but also celebrating Xmas. Bottom line: loves it…

1 Like

No tree, no presents, but yes we normally do a family get together which involves eating (maybe a turkey), crackers, paper hats etc. It’s a great day to see family because everything is shut and no one is working. After a morning bike ride or a run through central London in fancy dress.

2 Likes

Sounds great. Utterly screwed no doubt this year.

I take it the fancy dress run isn’t compulsory?

There’s a group of us who’ve made it a bit of a tradition to go run through town on xmas morning.

6 Likes

That’s brill.

Although I think the pharaoh is probably a bit OTT, maybe a bit too soon…:joy:

First Christmas Chronicles? We watched the second one tonight, not as good.

1 Like

I will admit to having eaten a few mince pies if that counts. Doing my Xmas cards later today at a sensible daylight hour, but won’t post them till December.

Yeah, the first one