Christmas 2021 - The Thread

Happy Chanukah. No extended build up, managed to find all the stuff this afternoon and setup quickly. 7 more nights to go, many many doughnuts will be eaten.

AS Chanukah song Part 4 this year

https://youtu.be/6YSOZP_M6eM

16 Likes

Christmas Tree Number 1 went up today.

It was snowing, so didn’t really want to drive :see_no_evil: :cloud_with_snow:

The wreath is also up :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I was up a bloody great ladder on Friday getting a new set of icicle lights up along the guttering. They won’t be turned on proper until the 1st December when it’s gonna be go go go in our house for decorations.

I even suggested to my wife this morning that we go to a greasy spoon for a proper breakfast on Wednesday to fuel us through a busy day of decorating :rofl:

10 Likes

Someone mentioned the Paul McCartney Christmas song

I’m still traumatised from working a Saturday job in Burtons Menswear in St Helier in the run up to Christmas ?1991. It’s was the dullest job ever, but that’s not the reason. There was a tape (and it surely would have been a tape back then) called, I imagine, “Terrible Christmas Music of the 70s and 80s” playing on loop over the shop speakers, from 9 until 5.30, every single Saturday.

There’s only so many times you can listen to “War is Over”, 'Last Christmas", and this is painful for me to even say, “Merry Christmas Everybody” by Slade. Only so many times before you develop pretty severe PTSD.

So Christmas in general, I’m afraid it’s forever ruined for me by that tape.

Then there was Christmas Island of course but that’s a whole nother story.

5 Likes

Bet your fingers are crossed that Whitty cancels it then…(that does sound hideous, 5 mins of those songs and I get twitchy….)

3 Likes

Christmas music of the 70s and 80s aside, it will be great having the family all back from uni.

I usually only get the bank holidays as leave but this year have managed to blag the rest of the week between Christmas and New Year.

2 Likes

Friday 24th December should be Driving Home For Christmas on all radio stations, all day by law.

4 Likes

Why, we finish on 17th :grin:

2 Likes

You can play it other days, but that Friday is different. If you are in the car, YOU MUST BE DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS.

5 Likes

You could play the Oz version. ‘Being tailgated by a bogan on ICE in a ute for Xmas’ :rofl:

3 Likes

In my old job the first 3 working weeks of January were the hellest Hell ever. Utter misery - the usual quarter end reporting misery turbocharged by the fact nothing had been done for the last 2 weeks and was slowing down for a week before that.

Sad git that I am I always used to work between Xmas and New Year - the peaceful empty office and no audios/emails made this the most productive 3 working days of the year even when buggering off home at 4pm and having had 90 mins down the gym at lunch.

Got me away from home, I find Xmas pretty boring once Boxing Day is done - what else is there to do - and it gave me invaluable breathing space for the tsunami of shit that hit in January and saved 3 precious days of holiday for when they were properly useful.

8 Likes

I’d rather go in myself and have the time off when I want. Would get more done.

3 Likes

Yah, nope. Ain’t happenin’ when the skidz are home :sweat_smile:

More grotto than pub, any epileptics wouldn’t make it through a meal I wouldn’t think

4 Likes

It’s 1st December, I’m six sheets to the wind, I’m cruising YouTube. Fairytale of New York is going on. No one can stop me.

9 Likes

hmmm

1 Like

Don’t start. It’s a great song and die hard is a Christmas movie.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

You love die hard and you know it’s the quintessential Xmas movie.

5 Likes

I like my Christmases the way I like a stroker power band, short, punchy and over quickly. :grinning:

2 Likes

Tree has been cut down this morning.
Just gotta find the one which is ours now :see_no_evil::rofl:

4 Likes

it’s the green one :+1:

4 Likes