Collins Cup

We talking bread now ?

If you want to talk about baps, fine.

Sourdoughnā€™t you take that tone with me young man

Iā€™ll tri to be butter behaved.

1 Like

Europe look ridiculous!

2 Likes

Shouldnā€™t Skipper, LCB and Lawrence be in the rest of the world team now? :roll_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes

Isnā€™t LION-el racing Copenhagen the week before trying to get his Kona slot sorted? he doesnā€™t learn does he?

Yes but itā€™s not a race, itā€™s a media promotion.

I believe Lionelā€™s plan is to be perpetually in ā€˜race weekā€™ so Talbotā€™s videos can keep comingā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

in fairness, heā€™s probably making a shit load more from Insta and YT clicks and promotions than most others are making from racing!

3 Likes

I heard it once said that a reality TV star, think a Katie Price type needs a major life event - think marriage/divorce/baby etc every 6 months to keep the interest up.

I sometimes wonder if Lionel knows he needs an epic race blowout/post race blub every season or so to keep his clicks upā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

Captains picks:

Team USA : Katie Zaferes, Taylor Knibb, Chris Leiferman, Justin Metzler
Team Internationals : Ellie Salthourse, Sarah Crowley, Jackson Laundry, Kyle Smith
Team Europe : Kat Matthews, Emma Pallant-Browne, Sebastian Kienle, Daniel BƦkkegƄrd

Think George Goodwin can feel a bit hard done by there

Weā€™ve known for a few days.
There are lots of talented athletes but many thought 3rd at Daytona and European 70.3 Champ may have been enough.
Maybe not enough social media followers.

6 Likes

Did they not consider the TriTalk commentary feed in their analysis?

8 Likes

Anyone planning on watching this, I keep getting things pop up on FB & Twitter but I think you might need to download an app to access it. One of the posts was Phil Liggett whoā€™s gone over to commentate.

Iā€™ve been watching the pre race videos the PTO had been putting out on YouTube and also just watched Breakfast with Bob & Lionel. Not sure Iā€™d bother with the PTO stuff but the Lionel vids are always worth a watch.

1 Like

The European team has nearly all the best PTO ranked triathletes so on paper it should be a walk over.

Is it free to watch?

Oddly I think the 1x1x1 match up format will be less compelling. Itā€™ll be hard to broadcast, ideally you need live coverage of the 1 or 2 pivotal, and close matches while regular updates of the overall scoreboard ā€˜as isā€™ given placings and gaps in the other matches.

Iā€™ll be surprised if they pull that off. Suspect weā€™ll get hours of footage of Jan, Lionel and Daniela and struggle to get a feel for the overall match position.

Iā€™d rather all men and all women set off together (different waves), be fun to see draft tactics in the swim and paceline strategies on the bike.

Build up has been impressive I have to say, Iā€™ll give it a go. Itā€™s intriguing for sure. As you say Europe look too strong, they should have put Brexit UK in with the internationals (:wink:) it would have looked a bit more balanced.

1 Like