Contents of Your Fridge

Jaysuz, you must be an Oligarch! The £500 comment makes sense now :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

There’s two doors, one opens a hatch to the shelves in the door and a second set of door shelves. We love it! Went for one without the water dispenser.

1 Like
  1. Wife does it all but I think about £50 with 3 of us at home, or nearer £100 when 5 of us in uni holidays. A man brings it in a van- best invention ever.

2. Carb based. Cereal or porridge breakfast. Toasted sandwich + salad lunch. Often pasta or rice in the evening with veg. Not very much meat, maybe a roast chicken on Sundays. Carby snacks throughout the day depending on appetite and energy needs.

3. Eggs :face_vomiting: unless not recognisable as egg. Had to study embryology back in the day and never recovered.

4. Wheat beer

5. Prevention is better than cure, but occasionally I forget that.

6. N/a we never takeaway

7. Dairy Milk + a cup of tea

4 Likes

Ps all we need now is a ‘what is your mother’s maiden name, and what was your first pet’ thread & that’s identity theft pretty much guaranteed :grinning:

9 Likes
  • We probably spend between £100 - £150 a week but will buy little bits throughout.

• Shopping gets delivered on a Saturday morning. So for a Wednesday my fridge is looking pretty bare and boring. We have eaten most of the fresh stuff we got in though.

• My diet is so carb heavy. Not huge meat eaters, mainly chicken when we do eat it.

• Both my wife and I are quite fussy with fish. If it tastes too much of the sea I’m not a fan

• As others love me some ipa

• Not too many hangovers in recent years to write home about but you can’t beat a sausage sandwich with brown sauce in my book for that

• takeaways, also very rare - plain sausage and chips from the chippy or an Indian takeaway - also I’ve a friend who setup his own Greek takeaway van a couple of years ago. Have treated ourselves to that but it’s essentially a middle class kebab with halloumi.

• comfort food - pepperoni pizza - most Fridays are pizza Fridays in our house. Was perfect after my Friday night swim

5 Likes

This is turning into ‘one of those’ threads :tipping_hand_man: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Wife also insists on sauce in the fridge. I’ve just learnt to accept this

3 Likes

Isn’t that standard?

Same here; but I’ve managed to keep jams in the cupboard.

2 Likes

More Greek yoghurt!

I’m off to the shop

One of my mates from uni works for Yeo Valley and I believe gets free yoghurt as a perk

4 Likes

I’ve actually got 3. One big Fridge/Freezer, one wine fridge and a third one which is currently off which I used to hibernate my tortoise before he disappeared.

2 Likes

Small victories

Oh yes a reptile fridge :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Happy wife, happy life and all that

Hmm. all sauces and jams live in the fridge once opened, that’s always been my way.

We argue about eggs being in the fridge, I am on the yes side of that.

1 Like

I’ve also lost that one too.

Ours are in our larder. My argument was based on fridges coming with egg holders for a reason :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

No to all of the above!!!

Eggs are definitely not a fridge item.
Only reason spuds aren’t in mine is the pantry is now too warm to store vegetables, so they develop roots, the cunning tubers!

That reason is to immediately repurpose them as nice golf ball holders in the car boot :+1:t3:

2 Likes

What the fuck is that mustard doing in there?

1 Like

Same, although I have been recently looking at new fridges and some seem to no longer have the egg holders

1 Like

Ah, I thought you meant “food hangover” cure. Takeaway pizza gives me a hangover, headaches and wakes me up in the middle of the night.

1 Like