Cotswold 113 #halfIRONWAR

Floating down the finish chute, barely able to hold my head up :see_no_evil::rofl:
Must work on getting the head lower

I’m rather jealous of both your positions. Can’t imagine getting that low comfortably

As promised, i wore the tritalk jersey, plus luminous pink socks.

7395_5280-CW_04735_9927383055cffad91a0db7

5 Likes

I wouldn’t get that low at all…

Who said it was comfortable?
Ibuprofen gel on my neck and lower back, pop a couple of codeine at 3am, then again around 8am :wink:

Stem is a bit high - with the spacers.
I’d like to get my head low, like @Jorgan, but lack of conditioning this year. A winter of planking should see me right!

My first tri for a couple of years since a bike crash. My only aim was to get in the lake and actually start as my confidence has plummeted and I was a nervous wreck. Mission accomplished. Swimming to the first 2 buoys was not great. Tried to stay out of the biff but it’s quite hard, but then the field spread out and I settled down. Woohoo, swim done now think about the bike. Bike went OK. Didn’t go mental and kept it relatively steady but at the same time wasn’t out for a Sunday picnic. Then it all went horribly wrong on the run. Took a gel at 5.5 miles and that was my undoing. It literally had me on the deck 3 times on the run with horrendous stomach cramps and stitch. Shuffled over the finish line so I was absolutely over the moon. I have now cleared my house of all gels and now time to experiment with anything but.
Graeme and his amazing team of marshals and crew, lay on such a terrific event. He even managed to get the weather on his side :joy: I will be back and hopefully nutrition demons banished. Well done guys you all did amazingly well.

6 Likes

Tbh I think it is just that - conditioning. The first time I went out in that position in March, I was aching after 5 mins of easy downhill :crazy_face:

I would happily sacrifice my position for your Ironman PB :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha, fair retort

Nice recreation of that photo of the Kona age groupers

1 Like

Someone is over the white line.
That poor car driver.
That looks like a Sunday club run.

Is that you in the white jersey?

Look at how fat I got. A 5:44 with 2:50 bike doesn’t seem like a bad effort now!

3 Likes

That is a good position PCP, I wish I could get so low.

Nice bike as well

Jeff

That’s a brute of a hydration system; how is it in crosswinds Phill? Valve covers should save a watt or two, and essential on wet days as I found out in Roth 2008; my Zipp disc was full of water when I collected it. Had to put it in the boiler room for several days at home to dry out the honeycomb.

No I got dropped

Cheers Jeff. I’m pretty comfy like that but it’s not perfect, I could probably do with a proper fit, I fashioned that position myself.

Jorgan - if it was wet I’d have taped the holes. if I was fit and trained I’d have tape over the valve holes, had my TT helmet on and a skinsuit on but I expected to spend a lot of time sat up so left the helmet at home and genuinely can’t even zip up the skinsuit.
I was sat up when you came past,l as you said but was in the position above for around 80%. If my knees weren’t pushing that belly up it would have been 95%.

Hydration system is fine, I’ve not ridden it in anything over 20-25mph winds though.

Road bike for IMUK to haul that fat belly round.

2 Likes

Have you done any Audaxes Phill? I can recommend them from my one experience. Cheap, sociable and no pressure. Just riding.

No, I’d like to.
A lad I know did a 400km one a few weeks ago :flushed:
I’ve got the web page saved and wanted to do some this year. Maybe will later in the year.

Riding and running for fun seems the perfect plan to get my mojo back. I did, however, get a free VIP place in Bristol 1/2 marathon in September so will do that with my friend.

I did a 400 (405km), the Brevet Cymru. Cracking day out. Did it last year off very little long riding (longest was 107km prior). Just took my time and had some good company - plus ate lots of proper food in the process (inc 2x café meals). The weather really helped too tbh! 19h total, about 16h30 ride time.