TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

So why didn’t you then?

4 Likes

What’s it say on the back. “Prone to buying £92 candles and serving up pot noddle as a sufficient dinner”

10 Likes

That’s dark red :wink:

I’m allergic to people fxxxing around before transition and spouting their pre-race nerves at you.
“I’ve heard there are sharks in this lake…I’ve not trained much for this…there be pirates on the bike course…the run course has a log which is like the steeplechase…”

Oh do four cough, will ya?

5 Likes

freshwater, I think we established it is a 400lb freshwater stingray

8 Likes

I’d be wary of the catfish sucking your 17 Dorset toes if I were you!

2 Likes

I’m with you there though. Normally I’m a pretty laid back, sociable chap. But before a race I get a bit introspective.

I’m fine mucking about with people I know, but otherwise I just like to sit in my own little bubble and ‘do me’.

1 Like

Everyone invade GBs bubble pre race!!!

I’ll be sure to be ahead of Poet for transition with my helmet in its bag.

Anyone else :grimacing:

10 Likes

I’ll still be in your van, having a :poop:

:joy:

10 Likes

:flushed:
Who was it on TT1.0 that would be all over that?

4 Likes

Ha ha ha :joy:
Malcolm - he’s still like that on Facebook :flushed:

1 Like

Targetted for termination?
Metero?

2 Likes

Says the guy wandering around transition 30 mins before the start, trying to get batteries off people.

:joy:

4 Likes

Now carry a 5mm Allen key and pack of AAA batteries in my race bag :+1:t3:

#LessonLearned

Also make sure my saddle bag and BTA are properly fastened, too, after I lost both of them and had to stop to pick them up.

1 Like

I always used to change my P2Max battery a couple of weeks before an Ironman. Never actually got a battery warning on one; they lasted forever (allegedly 400h)

I’m not sure the 2020’s triathlon crowd is ready for the TT massive at a race. :joy::joy::joy: oh to be a casual observer.

8 Likes

I’m going full Dafydd.
Searching eBay for a crop top now.
Mohican and non-ironic hick ‘tache, too.

This looks good.
Shame there’s no matching trunks.

2 Likes

Get some smugglers

2 Likes

That is not how you spell ‘budgie’ :rofl:

4 Likes

I had to re-acquaint myself with this race from 2019 - must have been one of the last triathlons I’ve completed, maybe I did another one (Outlaw?) later in the year, haven’t done a triathlon since lockdown 1.0. Remembering I punctured fairly early on the 2nd lap, nursed the bike around on a flat tub in 3hr45ish and managed to finish a few minutes on the right side of 6 hours!! Will be on tubs again, might take a spare round with me this time (or at least get the tubs pumped up to the correct pressure to reduce the flat risk) and will be targeting a time as close to 5 hours as possible (5hr 15 might be realistic).

ETA: Outlaw was 2018. Maybe this was my last triathlon. Thinking about it now.

ETA2: yep this was my last triathlon. Since then 1 HM; 2 duathlons and 59 parkruns. Must hunt down my swim goggles!!

3 Likes

Were you being serious about a good post brick day swim sess? Only slot I could get was 9pm so off there now. Was thinking more of 1500 easy pull with a bit of gentle floating.

4 Likes