TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

Is it time to start a thread about this next TT IronWar?

Whos in? Will update this list with names if you post below. Have pulled names from other threads too.

ENTERED:

@BadAsh
@fruit_thief
@gingerbongo
@GRamsay
@magnacarter
@mw22
@pacha
@Jgav

MAYBE:

Poet: Going for 4h19
stenard: will double-check diaries
TROSaracen: tempted but week after Tenby
toby_Hole_in_the_leg: going to sign up - no one needs worry about coming last

SPECTATING:

AndyG: doing 113 in June, may come for a gander
Adam: may come and shout
Jorgan: intending to barrack

11 Likes

Aye

1 Like

My finger is hovering. I can’t find an IM late next year that gets me excited so might aim for this and do Lanza 2023.

4 Likes

@Poet said yesterday he was going to enter.

2 Likes

I’m doing the 113 in June. May come down to spectate the Classic smackdown.

2 Likes

I’m in.

May head there for the weekend with the family, we should arrange a meet up on the Saturday.

3 Likes

Will double check diaries, but I’m keen to get involved, if only to prove to myself most of you are in fact real people!

7 Likes

Week after iMUK so I’m out.

Looks like a good opportunity to come and shout at you lot though!

1 Like

A 1 week taper is a good amount for a half isn’t it?

1 Like

Week after Tenby Long Course Weekend…very tempted though.

1 Like

Can we officially start sandbagging then?

3 Likes

Do I officially need to start swimming at some point?

3 Likes

Yeah when the start horn goes. :+1:

8 Likes

I should probably make an appearance to spectate/cajole/barrack, given my proximity.

4 Likes

I guess we should all try and get in the same wave?

Perhaps we should all wear an identifiable item to make it easy for the hordes of spectators it sounds like there will be for the TT massive? Perhaps tie in with a GWR record attempt, all wear a gimp mask and attempt the GWR for a 70.3 as a gimp (for @Jorgan )?

5 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done that for a tri. It’s the reason I’ll be 15 mins back by T1 and will probably never get that time back.

2 Likes

I could spank you with a paddle as you pass?

9 Likes

Wait until we’ve all entered, then one of us can drop Graeme a note to get us in the same wave and sequential numbers :+1:t3:

He was a TTer of yore and all round nice guy.

5 Likes

I have the Outlaw 2 weeks after this so is this awful or good timing. I was planning on doing Outlaw Holkham, which is the weekend before. That seems excellent timing, this might be a bit close :grimacing:

I am happy to take your advice on this as many of you are much more experienced on this.

ETA: See @mw22 I haven’t entered yet and I am already sandbagging :rofl:

1 Like

You need to come and give me some physio advice whilst I hobble around :grinning:

2 Likes