Discussing the news

He’s not a pederast though, is he?

T’other one had a relationship with a 15yo girl he was coaching at the time.

I don’t know, maybe we could get Roman Polanski to film it all? Maybe Woody Allen to write the script :person_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Were the accusations against Woody proven? I don’t entirely know all that stuff. He married his step daughter didn’t he? Watching Manhattan is an uncomfortable watch at points have to say …

Notice the BBC never gave Bill Wyman his own prog…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bill-wyman-the-rolling-stone-airbrushed-out-of-history-9jhxlk9lp

Right … who’s next?

1 Like

Apparently Minichiello has released a statement denying all charges and raising concerns about the governing body’s process but I can’t actually find the statement itself anywhere yet.
He also claims to have been out of the country when one of the most serious charges took place.
I suspect this will run and run as surely he’ll seek to appeal or take some kind of legal proceedings to clear his name.

1 Like

Crikey! Watch this space then.

1 Like

Here :arrow_heading_down:

1 Like

Wouldn’t be the first time someone’s had false allegations made against them.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be the first time someone has denied true allegations made against them

6 Likes

Maybe because the Tory party isn’t as Right Wing as those shouting loudest would have us believe? That is certainly true for the Parliamentary party I think. The DM & DE represent the more jaundiced right-wing of society, who the ERG pray on.

1 Like

No, and I’m sure it won’t be the last. Generally you have to put your faith in due process and if found guilty by a court or independent body, the likelihood is they are true (albeit there have been famous miscarriages of justice both ways in the past)

3 Likes

Or modern day Westminster.

3 Likes

Ha!

In a different vein. Listening to chap on the radio talking about Quatar and the World Cup

Lots of chat here

Few athletes saying they knew this stuff for ages, other stuff getting brushed under the carpet too

2 Likes
1 Like

This often happens in these cases doesn’t it, once there’s a conviction more people feel comfortable coming forward thinking they’ll be believed now. (The flipside I guess, is others jumping on the bandwagon who maybe don’t have genuine cases)

3 Likes

The first 10 comments are horrible (presume they are true), but I feel like they have devalued the list by including point eleven.

Ends with quite a comical note.

2 Likes

I think the dunces hat would get you a trip to an employment tribunal any day of the week.

2 Likes

Power

That’s why and how he got away with it. If there weren’t places on high level squads at stake, I’d like to think athletes would have raised it immediately at the time. My son told me his athletics coach said “not my problem” when he said he was tired from school sports day; so I assume he’d bubble him for anything on the spot. Daughter likewise.

Sat watching them now; son’s coach is a right bloater.

4 Likes

I think people are prepared to put up with that sort of behaviour if they think they’re going to be the next Jess Ennis.

I suspect that the people who spoke up were the ones who fell short and got spat out, a bit like Jess Varnish with Shane Sutton :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Very true, but so would swearing at an employee (watch a football match, happens every game). Sports are different.

I’ve seen worse in an office environment than a dunces hat. Again, not saying it’s right, but different league than the other stuff he’s been accused of.

2 Likes