Dry January

You’ve conquered some of the hardest races in the world … but can you conquer…

————-:boom: DRY JANUARY :boom: ————

=========================

Can you last 31 whole days without submitting to ALCOHOL

Midnight :clock12: 1st Jan - midnight :clock12: 1 February - no cheat days, no excuses

The ultimate test in endurance! Have you got what it takes?

:yum: :cocktail::tropical_drink: :wine_glass: :beer::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::wine_glass::tropical_drink::cocktail::beer::wine_glass::cocktail::yum:

8 Likes

No

8 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

Yes I can. Yes I do…

Ask me a hard one, something about giving up Pringles🤣

3 Likes

I’m in, hoping it helps shed the extra couple of kg I seem to have found in December.

3 Likes

I’ll have been dry for 13 years on the 28th December.

Ask me to give up family bags of crisps and break out into the cold sweats and blind panic :rofl:

12 Likes

I pretty much gave up drinking when I decided to lose weight. I’m not tee-total but you could probably count my annual alcohol unit consumption on your hands.

Like Ros though, If I could do the same for cake and dessert I’d probably be rivalling Kipchoge :rofl:

3 Likes

I could do with losing a couple of kgs but January is shit enough without looking forward to a beer or two at the weekend!

5 Likes

I’ve done dry January for 20+ years now but it doesn’t have the effect it used to as I don’t drink much anyway. I often carry on after January if I’ve got something to set as a target like a concert or party etc.
I’m still going to do it this year but combine it with some kind of low carb healthy eating plan too.

3 Likes

I’m in. This is going to be harder than Ironman for me. Best of luck all.

4 Likes

It’s both Mrs GB and my birthdays in a couple of weeks. So it’d be rude to do dry Jan, as we like to go out for a nice meal.

Tbh I’ve never ever felt the need, but this year is probs the first where it may not be a bad thing. That said, I look fwd to my weekend tipple, and we’re far from excessive in our consumption.

4 Likes

Good luck guys

I’d struggle, but in solidarity will refrain from posting any beer pics until at least February :beers:

7 Likes

Ha ha - post beer pics and goad us! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m no alcohol expert…but I suspect photos of your can of fosters is more likely to help them along than break their resolve :grimacing:

9 Likes

Yep. I’m in. I went January - April 2017 not having any, and then only occasionally to July that year

2 Likes

Nice. Would have thought they go hand in hand as wouldn’t want to undo the work if low/low ish carbing it

1 Like

======= :boom: Pringleless January :boom: =======

Etc etc

Early bird registration - £559.99

7 Likes

Always find dry January a bit of a cop out really. Everyone has the post Christmas excess to get over, weather’s usually terrible and pubs are dead anyway. If you can’t make it through January without a drink then maybe you should be taking things one day at a time anyway.

If people really want a challenge, and they really want some sponsorship money / kudos, try doing it for the whole of one of June / July / August where their friends are having a good time with plenty of visits to bbqs, beer gardens etc and theres usually some large sporting event on.

Until then, it isnt a challenge, it’s just a relatively standard January for most.

3 Likes

I’ve started today. In for 6 months. Should be enough time to shed some massive weight a d get my blood pressure down.

14 Likes

Party pooper :hocho: :balloon: … don’t think anyone’s doing it for any kudos etc etc