Endure 24 take 2

:raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

This is a good point to remind myself of. I do tend to put a lot of pressure on an arbitrary goal. In Im Wales 2018, had a goal to improve my 2017 time by 90mins and I ‘only’ improved by 76mins, which I took as a negative at first. On reflection though, I had a good race and a great experience, just took me a week to realise it.

One thing I forgot to add on the nutrition front, I didn’t take a single gel.

3 Likes

Results page finally found 64/192 Male Solo. Looking at the lap times, you can see where I stopped and you can definitely see where I walked the last 3 laps!
https://www.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=3&RId=3587&EId=1&dt=0&adv=1

11 Likes

Top 1/3

Top bombing

Call it how you like, 120km = utrarunning (doesn’t matter if you walk some - most mortals do)

10 Likes

Does that result give you your answer? :grin:

6 Likes

Yeah I guess so :grin:

Imposter syndrome and all that. :wink:

4 Likes

No more sandbagging

Use the big fitness boost from this weekend to kick on to The Plage

Put the shit food down (we all do it but you are done now) and get your training back on track

In all seriousness, you’ve got this :grinning:

9 Likes

Cheers mate, what I needed to hear. I don’t mind a multi-lap race but at least with a point to point, there seems like a reason to get there, not least to pick up the car. I did go through the ‘who bloody cares?’ a few times.

Just looking at the female results, the winner was Michelle White, she was chatting to me like she’d known me for years, so down to earth. She did the same laps as the male winner but did them 50 min faster!

8 Likes

Ok, as @tunster and others have said, yes FP you are an ultra runner! You do realise not a lot of people can run/walk 120km right? This takes not only fitness, but a huge portion of mental strength! And you’ll be recovered just in time to nail The Plague :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Anna. Checking the cut offs now :grin:

1 Like

Is it worse if you find yourself doing a lot of walking? I can walk for miles in my hiking shoes without any problems at all, but when I’ve walked for long distances in running shoes I’ve tended to get big blisters on the balls of my feet. The shoes have been fine for running similar distances and durations with the same socks, but the walking action seems to cause more friction and more problems.

Not really sure to be honest mate. Seems to kick in after approx 60km or so and I’m not sure if it’s related to time. One dilemma I had was after resting and the feet feel a bit better, I never know whether to run to cover more distance before it returns, or walk to lessen the impact.

Thankfully, blisters are not something I suffer with very often (famous last words). I usually use Speedgoats and Hilly Ultra Mono socks.

1 Like

Congrats @FatPom - 75 miles is no mean feat. Furthest I’ve ever run is the 58 miles to Edinburgh. I was in absolute bits after every run. If someone had said, ‘right just another 20 odd miles to go,’ I would have cried lol

I think you’ve probably run far enough to call yourself an ultra runner lol

8 Likes

Cheers Toby. I do remember when I first heard of folks running 100 miles, it just didn’t compute. I still haven’t done it yet but getting closer.

I am missing some toe nails, I think that’s the equivalent of an IM tattoo :rofl:

3 Likes

Uh oh I know what comes next… the trotter shot?

5 Likes

No, i will spare you all that. My balls are pretty chaffed though, so … :rofl:

7 Likes

Worst ever ball chaffe I had was at a Colours rave in 1996 in Edinburgh- wore tight silver PVC trousers. Fckin’ ell :tired_face:

12 Likes

Here’s FP about to post his onlyfans link

7 Likes

Amazing achievement @FatPom, and special call out to Mrs FP, such a good commentary. Of course you are an ultra runner, and a bloody good one

2 Likes

Thanks Matt. I don’t think I’d be able to hang with Emma Pooley like you can! Will pass on the thanks to Mrs FP.

LO might be on YT because Loyd Purvis from Run4Adventure was there filming, so :crossed_fingers: she makes the edit :grin:

Best of luck to you mate, you are showing great attitude to stay positive after your crash. :+1:

4 Likes