OFFICIAL Fantasy TdF 2020 - Please NO SPOILERS here

I can see teams for stage 1 and stage 2 when I click back. Not for stage 3 which makes sense if they want to stop people copying swaps?

Doesn’t he normally crash out in week 1?

he cost two more credits as well!

Oh, can we have NO SPOILERS on here? Many of us probably won’t watch the days stage until the highlights?

2 Likes

Seconded. Big part of July for me is going home to watch the highlights programme.

I have to wait until it’s on ITV Hub, as it’s kids bedtime routine for me at 7.

Snap - just agreed on a media blackout on a group whatsapp where we’ve been talking about it.

I’ve unfollowed tdf on instagram and facebook, as i got caught out there last year. Also need to stop my phone pinging me news articles based around stuff i’ve been reading lately … so cycling, running and tri!

The usual conundrum for me is when i’m watching a stage live at work (ahem) and it’s got a summit finish or something similar, do i leave at 4 and try to get back in time (unlikely) or stay later (also a rubbish option!)

It wasn’t so bad a few years ago as didn’t really make the main stream media but you only have to turn the radio or TV on at the wrong time to get the stage result now. The famous Likely Lads episode springs to mind. ITV can be a bit tardy adding the highlights to the catch-up too, sometimes it’s as soon as it’s finished and sometimes it’s hours afterwards.

So after my (ahem) abysmal performance in the Giro I seem to have got off the mark ok in this game. Spoilers removed

NO SPOILERS :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Sorry dude

Noooooo. I just read that!

I could say his post wasn’t particular spoiler-y, but then that might also count as a spoiler :thinking:

But is your post saying his post was not spoliery, possible being spoilery, also a bit spoilery. See what I’m saying?

Do we talk about it here post ITV highlights show? Or make another thread for general Tour chat?

Well another royal balls up with the road captain choice for me. I dont watch enough pro racing to know whats going on . Watching the TdF once a year doesnt give me the knowledge I need

1 Like

I guess we can talk about what happened the following day. I’ve actually only just seen the stage, as it didn’t go in ITV Hub until well after 10 last night.

They reckon today will be a bunch sprint, but not so sure with that Cat 4 near the finish…someone will have a plan! Another toss-up between GvA and WvA for Captain. Not sure Ewan can stay with the front group over those two humps if the pressure is on…

I’ve put my money on the man, the machine, Peter Sagan. I’m hoping that hump will shell Dylan and leave the slightly smaller sprinters left to duke it out.

2 Likes

Everything I’ve read didn’t agree with that. Everyone is predicting a traditional bunch sprint (99% certain according to Ned Boulting’s commentary).

Went with Groenewegen in my subs team, but had to align with some of the above thinking of Sagan in my no subs team.

WFH this week - man, this stage is dullAF (not a spoiler)