Fitba chatter

West Ham had their annual defeat at Brighton , id have taken 7th and EL Semi at start of August but a tad disappointed as beating a team already on the beach would have got 6th again and EL rather than ECL. Still got European football again and best back to back league seasons in history so cant complain with only 14 usuable 1st team players and most of our defence missing for half the year.

1 Like

shocking squad selection…

Being critical today, waited to go a goal down before making a change, brighton made 3 that changed the game for them. Been the story of our year 1 or 2 signings in Jan and we could be looking at a European trophy and top 4 the way the 3, 4 even inc. Chelsea, bottled it again.

yep…the squad was never going to last such a long campaign…and not using the subs we have made them unreliable for when they were really needed…

Unlucky Liverpool

Well played RM especially Courtois in nets

2 Likes

Yep, guilty of not taking their chances there

1 Like

Yep - just couldn’t get past a well marshalled defence and the keeper

From the Guardian

It’s a sore one for Liverpool. Maybe the long season caught up with them, yet they were still the better team tonight: they had 23 attempts at goal to Real’s three. And they lost, because Real Madrid’s name was on the trophy all along.

2 Likes

Agreed. Even when they were top in the first half thry weren’t llaying especially well with the ball. Passing it slowly and not especially well. Looked knackered IMO.

1 Like

8 minutes left of the season in the Spanish second division

7 Likes

Don’t leave us hangin……

Alcoran scored a very late winner at home to Eibar and because Valladolid’s head to head record against the now second placed Almeria was worse than it’s head to head against the then second Eibar, Almeria won it. I think.

2 Likes

All five English European Cup winners will be in the Prem next season. Chances are none of them will win it and quite possibly two of them could be fighting to stay in it :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Even if we don’t manage to stay up next year, which will require some serious investment to even stand a chance, yesterday felt like a small bit of payback for years of negativity. So pleased I finally got to see them at Wembley and the emotions at the end from everybody there was special to be part of.

6 Likes

New England kit out for the World Cup, not sure if the screen is displaying it badly but the away shirt looks a bit too orange for my liking but more of a shock was the price, just £74.99 WTF didn’t check the expnsive version as that was near £100 previously

Showing support for NI in the Brexit landscape :rofl:

1 Like

That was dreadful until Grealish and Bowen came on. Rice left marking 3 men at times, everytime I watch England I rue the time that could have been better spent

2 Likes

World Cup starts today, oh, hang on, maybe not

2 Likes

Currently 40c in Qatar, I wonder if winter is much better

Not in the middle east at all would be better I reckon

1 Like

Especially when places like Russia and China are available

1 Like