Fleet consultancy

Sorry, boring work related question from me (again).

I don’t suppose any of you lot either work in either the fleet world or supply chain (i know there’s a few in that line of work).

I’m looking to source a few fleet consultants to have an initial discussion, with a view to one of them coming in to my orgainsation to do a full report on our current fleet setup. We’re only a Uni, not BT, so it’s a small fleet, but we want to tie in car hire/pool cars etc with a strong focus on electric wherever viable/possible.

I have no contacts in this area, so the best i’m currently managing is Google! @jeffb - any idea what you guys currently do - in house or external?

Happy to receive DMs if the advice is better off away from a public forum. Happy to share work email etc if needed on DM. I may even go as far as LinkedIn if that’s your thing?! :rofl:

Cheers
GB

you could try a guy called Peter Lague - I think he lives in Petersfield or if not close to - who had his own car leasing company called IVL Leasing (now part of Bridle Leasing). I’ve known Peter for about 20 years and leased a number of company vehicles through him over the years - plus my new one on a pesonal lease - and he’s a sound bloke.

if it’s OK I’ll ping him the content of your message and see what he thinks - DM me the Uni name if you don’t want to put it up here.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a secret on here, if you looked at where I live. There aren’t many to choose from! :joy:

It’s Exeter.

Thanks FB.

OK ta - I’ll ping a message to him and let you know what he thinks

1 Like

Not one of the UK’s 3 premier Universities then; Oxford, Cambridge and Hull.

:wink:

4 Likes

… Or Swansea, where its reputed that some of the nation’s greatest thinkers have passed through their hallowed halls!

FTFY.

3 Likes

Not sure about greatest. But I certainly was a trier!

Everyone knows that Oxford is a dump :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

@gingerbongo they guy I mentioned has come back to me and is interested to talk - I’ll DM you

1 Like

that’s great, thanks FP

This Forum is like a ‘Rolodex’; some nice networking opportunities!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’d much rather this than, shudder, LinkedIn!

It’s taken me 10 years to even accept the term ‘networking’. Still gives me the creeps.

2 Likes

Networking is fine, when compared to ‘reach out’ :grimacing:

1 Like

LI was vital to my income when we had the recruitment business but I hated it with a passion. I finally ditched it at the end of last year and closed my account.

I have since had 2 e-mails from a so called account manager telling me about how good it would be for my business - despite my account being closed, the business sold, and me retired My first reply was curt and basically I told them the facts. My 2nd reply was less sympathetic - and had “fuck off” in there somewhere. Bastards.

EDIT: not fuck off but piss off as in “Piss off - I closed my account some time ago as I have retired”. nothing else - just that. :joy:

2 Likes

haha.

I just don’t like it because it’s too corporate and fake, and that’s not really me. But i do admit i can see the benefits when you’re looking for employment/opportunities etc. I guess i’ll take a proper look when i outgrow my role here.

1 Like

did you get my DM?

1 Like

On TT? :rofl:

of course!

@fatpom will have his director of procurement role by then, and he’ll be wanting a home based professional colleague of my, err, stature to join his merry band!

Isn’t @Matthew_Spooner a Director in supply chain as well? or did i make that up?!

My fallback has always been tree surgery. When i say fallback i mean totally retrain and try to get a job, cos it looks super cool.

1 Like