Forestman - last one!

Lakesman is still going.
Then there’s “The X”

And one in Shropshire.

To be fair, I’m seeing about a dozen here this year!!

1 Like

Weymouth still has a half. NIMBYs screwed the full up there as well in the end.

1 Like

Eleven.
Check out k226.com

1 Like

As it happens I did the Norseman as my only LD race so far, went pretty well to be fair!

1 Like

Pretty sure markier did Norseman as his only Full. He never mentioned it either, unless pressed as to whether or not he’d actually done an IM!

Yes The Longest Day was last held in 2006 the year after IMUK Sherbourne started.

Other races that have been and gone include:
City To Summit (came back as a duathlon but not happening this year)
Aberfeldy iron distance (half still goes on)
SteelMan iron distance (that was a one off)

1 Like

I had a friend called MarkierR . He’s dead now

1 Like

He isn’t.
He’s ultra running. Isn’t he?

Borat :wink:

1 Like

i was a twatter “friend” of his. Was doing ultra stuff last i read although i don’t go on there much these days.

Aye Shropshire; I’m down to do the half on 2nd June (they econmize by running a bunch of distances, on looped courses, for each event). Just returning to fitness after a year out due to injury. Perhaps should have done the Cotswold half to finally meet you lot (I already know @Toyota_Crown et al from Lake District madness and Forestman 2013) but chose Shrops as I’m moving there soon.

Really enjoyed my one outing at the Forestman and was chuffed with 3rd M40. Then did IM with ambition for a couple of years, but grew weary of the tinsel and egos. Found the love again with Wasdale, Helvellyn etc. Now too busy for long course, so going back to my roots with fell running and mtb.

Shropshire is a nice part of the country, from what I’ve experienced of it.