Garmin 735...opinions...any good?

Phone also means you can carry 20 quid (or even a card of you’re one of those new fangled people) inside the case for when you need a taxi home.

2 Likes

But you have Garmin pay, and most taxi’s now accept contactless :wink:
(I’ve never actually used it, but it’s nice to know it’s there as a backup)

For IM I have to have the bike leg as a ‘non GPS’ bike leg otherwise it dies before the end of the run.

It still records the time of the bike and thus overall time and the Edge on the bike covers power etc during the bike leg.

Other than that, as noted does everything and I use as everyday watch as well.

It’s restricted to a few banks though isn’t it?

Although I thought there was a PAYG card you could pre load with credits.

I had assumed the 7xx line was dead now that the 935/945 had taken the round form factor. Seems odd that they would bring out a cut-down 945, but not cut it down very much and still try to charge >£400. Remove the storage/music, stick with the GPS altimeter and make it £200 cheaper and they have something to offer.

They claim improved battery life, but they claimed 14 hours with the 735 and the stories of batteries dying on IM runs would contradict that.

1 Like

Yep, the 735 is the sweet spot for me. I got mine for about £200 with both HR straps and it does everything I want.
A new 910/920 with OHR would be perfect but the 735 is close.

Even OHR is pushing it when chest strap is so much more reliable.
A 910 that uploaded is all I want. Finally upgrading just for that reason, buying a second hand 735 pending it looking OK in person. Think £65 seems decent value, reason went for that rather than a 920.
Music would be nice, but not enough for price.

1 Like

OHR is pretty sh1te.

I’m so fed up replacing chest straps though, that I’m using it for the foreseeable :ok_man: