General Election 2019

And i get to attend even more Brexit strategy/mitigation meetings. Yey

100%. I am bored shitless of it.

As per my joke above about this not being Facebook. My feed is full of Brexit and elections. I have been muting people as its become such a bore.

Would the way you vote be different if the opposition was Blairite New Labour? I know it would for me.

2 Likes

In a post Brexit world, the UK will swiftly be approached by Trump in the prison yard, who will whisper in our ear ā€œyouā€™re sh1t on my d1ck or blood on my knifeā€

1 Like

I have never voted Labour, but you pose an interesting question. Wasted vote here tbh.

Boris: Lying posh cunt
Jez: communist cunt
Jo Swinson: annoying useless cunt
The Sturgeon: obnoxious sweaty cunt
Farage: dangerous cunt.
DUP: terrorist cunts
Green: generally ok but unelectable cunts

8 Likes

Same, I live in Tory heartlands (Home Counties) surrounded by rich white areas. Since the constituency was created itā€™s only ever had 2 different MPs and both Tory. However in the local council elections there were the first ever LD councilors, so something has changed.

Can we have a whip round and put this on the side of a bus?

4 Likes

looks just like his avatar also

Yes, the Tories were humped by the LDs here in the council elections. Unfortunately, the strong LD candidate stepped down after he narrowly lost out in 2015 (after winning 1997, 2005 & 2010 GE). His successor lost by a big margin in 2017 (about 12,000 iirc!) sheā€™s simply not visible enough; and I have to credit our Tory MP who is visible & active, even if he is a total yes boy.

Arenā€™t they all, politics is all a slippery pole.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a fan of Corbyn, but what in particular makes you think he is the biggest C of all? Heā€™s a lot of things, but that title doesnā€™t ring true for me. Heā€™s well meaning but spineless imho.

Hmm, actual civilised political discourse on an Internet forum? Iā€™ve tried it before, never worked.

His interview with Andrew Neil revealed surprising things for me. His inability to recognise antisemitism as different from other forms of prejudice reveals a lot. As much as I would like to say itā€™s naivete, at his age, in his job, itā€™s wilfulā€¦and indeed antisemitic. When I was much younger I tried the ā€œall prejudice is badā€ approach, it falls apart and eventually you understand a that some prejudice is worse than others. Until that interview I thought it was just the usual media tripe, now I think he has revealed himself.

A thousand times yes. Literally all Labour had to do was put forwards a non-madman and they would have won the last election and this, but theyā€™re too far up their own assholes to be a credible opposition.

Fuck ā€˜em I say, somebody needs to start a new opposition party and let Old Labour die, or emigrate to a country that needs unionisation of the workforce - there are plenty out there.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a piece on the antisemitism ā€˜propagandaā€™.

An interesting opinion piece, but I am judging him by his own words, and lack of them, only in said interview.

Yes, he doesnā€™t seem to do himself any favours; I wonder what is pulling his strings.

Bizarrely I think exactly the opposite. He firmly sticks up for what he believes in over a long period of time, I donā€™t think heā€™s well meaning. Then again, Iā€™m probably disproportionally swayed by his (in)action on anti-semitism.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to say I think itā€™s a political balancing act, and give him some benefit of doubt, but I just canā€™t see it. Perhaps his choice to take sides on Palestine/Israel has led to this prejudice.