Gravel Riding Chit Chat

Yes, i think I carried a full one to replace it.

Roswheel frame bags are still available on Sport Pursuit at the moment. They’re pretty good quality - and their distributors are wilmslow based :wink: (ex-royles owner)
Adidas have some pretty awesome “gravel” cycling shoes in their sale at the moment.

3 Likes

Muc Off have deep discounts on their bar end tubeless repair plug kit thingies, and their tubeless valves with anti-clog hi-flow holes.

1 Like

Which valves are the high flow ones? Just their regular tubeless valves?

Theses ones (not their previous version).

Linky

I’m struggling to seat new tyres, both with and without inserts, and I’m hoping these will help. Just ordered a pair. Worth a shot for £7.50.

Ahh I thought it might be those. Not keen on 80mm long valves. I might well get the bar end tubeless plug tool though

I hadn’t spotted they only had that one size on discount. The other sizes are on the website by at full price sadly.

Sounds like you have too much disposable income; doesn’t Mrs P want kids?

:rofl::joy:

WTF is that hanging off the back man.

@r0bh and @Doonhamer - what’s the food/aid station provision like? Is it really necessary to carry all of your own? Or are they pretty well stocked?

I seem to remember they were pretty good, each feed station was run by a different sponsor. By far the best one was the last one that had freshly cooked salted new potatoes.

I carried enough to help me leapfrog people at the first station as it’s pretty busy. I had a fairly early start but wasn’t on my own - the way I like things :grinning: - until a good few miles in.

1 Like

Mike at Trek wilmslow has done Dirty Reiver a few times, you can go down and pick his brains about what’s needed/not needed.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
More like Bramhall/Handforth :wink:

Anything the other side of the Bollin isn’t Wilmslow “proper” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Half a dozen club mates did the 130km, but they all thought it was very hard and think I’m nuts for attempting the 200km version :scream:

1 Like

Semantics mate. Don’t be that much of a snob. And careful what you say about the people working there :wink:

1 Like

Hence the wink :innocent:

I’ve only been in twice, both times the staff were ace :+1:t3::white_check_mark:
My six year old Bontrager kit is still going strong :muscle:t3:

Do you need different callipers for this?
Or just shift it up the frame to the other slot?

XTR180mm “suitable for heavier riders” according to GCN :pig2:

Agreed!

The second aid station was disappointing, just flapjacks and stuff. Wished I’d put some real food in the resupply bag they’d take there for you

2 Likes

It’s nuggets like this I need :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Chicken soup in my special bike flask bottle :+1:t3:

No same calipers. You just might need new caliper mounts. Will depend on your frame. Normally the mounts you can flip around between 140/160. On my Diverge they mounted them at the 160 position so the bracket is flippable between 160/180.

1 Like

Brake pads :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::hot_face::exploding_head:

There are a dizzying array!!!

Organic, sintered, resin, metal, plastic :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve got GRX600, website says;

Pad_Option 1 K04S-MX Metal (w/o fin)
Pad_Option 2 L04C-MF Metal (w/ fin)
Pad_Standard 1 K05S-RX Resin (w/o fin)
Pad_Standard 2 L05A-RF Resin (w/ fin)

But how do I know which cheapo Wiggle ones I need???