Greek Islands

I think the plan was hatched in Cairo in a men’s club wasn’t it. All a bit boys own

2 Likes

Hmmm … you’ve got me thinking now.

Do i just suck it all up and go somewhere i don’t really want to go for the ease, and to give the kids the best time ever, whilst being much friendlier on my wallet. Pros are i still get away and will get some sun. But i really, really don’t like hotel/resort places. But i know it’ll be much easier with the kids than, say, Air BnB and having to self cater etc.

Head vs heart here!

4 Likes

Yeah, this one won’t be for the sightseeing. Holidays with young kids is hard and we need this one to be a proper break.

I’m the one who sorts holidays and Mrs always complains that I’m too ambitious. Think Sri Lanka with a 7 month old or skiing with a 4 and an 18 month old…

4 Likes

Yeah you need a place with a kids club

And a pool with a ramped ‘gradual’ entrance

And somewhere with a big bloody hill to run up each sunrise

5 Likes

I hear you! I even get this on every walk that i plan locally! :rofl: Mrs GB is pretty adventurous, but we’ve had a few disagreements on holidays before even when it was just the two of us … when we’re a couple of hours into sme wild goose chase trying to find a lost waterfall or something! I always get there, just sometimes it takes a little longer than planned!

@adam think you may be right as well.

Think Mrs GB will be in the same boat as me. But her head is a little stronger, whereas for me it’d be the heart!

Turkey is offering some pretty decent value, and the places at the higher end of the budget don’t look too bad either (for large hotel complexes).

1 Like

It’s not Greece, but Sardinia, Easy Jet into Olbia then 20mins by hire car. Self catering, private beach and smallish pool. 2 decent restaurants (you rarely get bad in Italy). Complex restaurant overlooks pool plus one really decent more expensive by entrance next to supermarket. You can stay atound or drive the coast. Been 5 times to this place, perfection for a week with kids and not “hotel”. Its about a grand for room and flights cheap

1 Like

Sardinia was high up on my list a couple of years ago - i’ll look at that, ta!

1 Like

Went every year from 2013 until covid except 2017 when we went Mykonos and regretted it. Just found our perfect break spot. Easy to get to , great food and can be as cheap or expensive as you choose…pizza is only 8EUR for instance! Got lucky with appts found googling one year, which are privately owned but managed on site. Clean!
Porto Rotondo just up road really nice town and lots only a short drive away. Sardinia is probably the one place outside UK I would move to tomorrow!

1 Like

The debate I will need to have is that I can book a 2 bed apartment in Tenerife for approx. £70 per week because it’s owned by one of the suppliers my dad buys stuff from. He builds up some sort of loyalty special offer which is never used. Last time I asked he had access to 10 weeks at that price…

We’ve been once and it’s ok but a bit dated but has a pool with a pool bar. Town is Los Gigantes which is great if you want egg beans and chips whilst on holiday :roll_eyes: But it’s so cheap and the Mrs doesn’t want to go again…

3 Likes

Yep…but it worked, i believe…although the repercussions were pretty grim…

2 Likes

i worked there many years ago…interesting place…

2 Likes

Yeah but it is controversial - was anything really gained from the whole escapade?

propaganda…

we took our motorhome to Sardinia back in 2017 for a few weeks. lovely island with some interesting places and suprisingly hilly - some of the roads in a 3,5t, 7m motorhome were challenging

3 Likes

Some great cycling as well in the middle sector of the island , away from Cagliari and nowhere near the Costa Smerelda. Theres a Raid Sardinia organised ride that if I was young free and single I’d do.
Swim Trek Sardinia looks like a great week also if long swims in the Med interest you!

2 Likes

Had a screw it moment and booked somewhere out of budget. Will figure out later how to pay for it. 9 nights in Kos

7 Likes

Jealous!

We couldn’t decide and had let it all drift away. Probs need one of those moments too!

She got grumpy with me that we hadn’t sorted something out. Sat me down with a laptop and made me sit there until it was done.

Not got flights yet but will sort tomorrow.

2 Likes