Guilty Pleasures

Living in the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it bubble.

Permission for a flyby…

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

1 Like

My favourite line in Lake Placid is when Betty White says:

"If I had a dick, this is where I’d tell you to suck it’ :laughing:

1 Like

Well they remade Point Break and it had Faris Al-Sultan and Michael Raelert in it so maybe we will get lucky?

I think i love tofu

Mrs GB bought a new cookbook this week, which happens to be a vegan one. Lovely recipes in there and my tofu based dish last night (and leftovers just now). was flippin delicious.

Bring on the sloppy cubes!

1 Like

I am 100% addicted to popcorn, can’t remember the last day I went without. Started with the theory that it makes the smallest amount of carbs last the longest :slight_smile:
Cooked in the microwave in teaspoon of coconut oil & then a sprinkle of pink salt & sugar.
Tried many different techniques but found microwave to be the best, heat the oil up first in a jar very hot, mix in the popcorn & shake to coat even. Pour into a microwave popper and cook for 4:45 :+1:

hmmm interesting. We just do it in a pan. Sunflower oil works really good. Get it nice and hot, kernels in, shake it about. Wait a few mins.

kids love it, but just plain. So figured that was way better than them destroying crisps or whatever other stuff they may fancy. Big kids hoovers it up.

I used to do a nice one with various spices - cinnamon, paprika, cumin - that sort of stuff. Got me thinking now! I don’t actually like the sweet stuff.

My understanding is that sunflower oil goes rancid at high temperatures so it’s not the healthy option we were told it was for cooking. The microwave is quite wasteful in that it leaves many kernels unpopped but popcorn is cheap and every kernel that does pop makes a prefect popcorn.
In the pan I found that you need quite a lot of oil to fully coat the bottom and you get a lot of teeth breakers where the kernel hasn’t popped fully & it’s easy to weld the popcorn to the pan.
Also I kept using a bigger & bigger pan and the quantity got a bit out of control, I’m now limiting myself with just one off the microwave popper :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, definitely a better option than crisps.

We just stick the kernals it in a sealed tupperware in the microwave, no oil and we eat it plain or with salt/sugar sprinkled over the top. Indulgent days gets melted butter but they’re rare. Never buy the microwave in a bag popcorn, proper rip off and always seems to burn.

Early Steven Seagal films, they’re plot by numbers, cheesey lines but fun.

I love the old Golden Harvest films but I would count them as a pleasure not one I need to hide.

Music: I like Ice Ice Baby and I’m sorry about it.

2 Likes

oh really - will have to look into that. I didn’t choose it knowingly. We just had a bottle at the back of the cupboard that had been there for proper ages. I tried it one day instead of EVOO, and found it gavce a better success rate on the kernels.

I discovered that I like listening to Eminem when doing hard turbo sessions. There’s something about his whiney little voice and the heavy beat that allows me to zone in (or out? ) and punch through the set.

2 Likes

Wrong place, deleted & posted elsewhere.

1 Like

I first heard this song really early one morning years ago, driving to Thruxton for my first road race in the UK. I liked it then and I still like now, so shoot me. :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va6HH5KTQyo

It’s one of those days…

4 Likes

Oh f**k yeah!!!

Small people. ngl

Freddo frogs, got a box of 60 I’m bunching through.

5 Likes

I remember years ago me and my best mate would get stoned and play 2 play Goldeneye all night long.

Losers we were.

2 Likes