Halloween Pumpkins

I noticed a few anti-Halloween posts in the RANT thread.

But I’ve been carving pumpkins with my daughters since they were small. :sunglasses:

There used to be a thread on the old TriTalk site for photos, so here goes…

Laying out this year’s design.

Which wasn’t too hard to carve.

Final look.

My eldest daughter is now 20, so she was more ambitious…

And finally, here are a couple from the archives…

The Mummy – Technically, the most difficult to do, by a long way.

Bond/Pirate Skull – The most artistic one I’ve carved.

Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

23 Likes

You’ve set the bar pretty high there. I think this is the first year we haven’t done any but my 3 triangles and zigzag mouth wouldn’t really cut it.

3 Likes

I wasn’t anti-Halloween so much as anti- my own kids bashing each other due to my neglect of basic parenting duties!

But alas, no pumpkins for us this year. Can’t find any. Yours are awesome. Ours would not be. I can’t even manage decent triangles or zigzags so they usually end up looking slightly er odd…Not sorry that I won’t be spending my time wrist deep in gourd for once!

Anyway keep it up! Hopefully your neighbours can appreciate them from a suitable distance!

1 Like

Not in the same league as yours but these are my offerings.

8 Likes

Not quite sure I’m in the same league here.

The boy enjoyed ‘helping’

10 Likes

We did a last min dash to the shop looking for pumpkins today. We failed! :joy:

I did make a ghost out of a pillow case, a balloon and my old headtorch though. That’s now hanging off the front pergola and actually looks quite cool!

We went full Halloween and went to, err, the zoo today. :joy:. Was dead quiet, it was ace!

1 Like

here’s a couple of our efforts from recent years

10 Likes

Flaming Venom!

10 Likes

So we left it too late this year and had to settle for halloween watermelons - actually prefer this, love watermelon

For those that saw my post on my eldest sons fascination with unicorns - he struck again

10 Likes

Wow my effort is low rent compared to these. We are lighting up in the garden soon and have some sparklers for later

6 Likes

Yeah ours are pretty standard. Haven’t lit them up yet though.

8 Likes

Nice eyes on both! I tried to do the ‘gum effect’ on mine, it was pretty hard.

Last year’s effort. It contains a toilet roll soaked in 300ml of paraffin which burns gently for ages. The kids love it :grin:

Travelling this year else I’d be lighting another one…

8 Likes

This is amazing!

Here’s my last year’s effort…

Did a good Spiderman and a Hogwarts ones a few years back… will try and dig out some pics!

8 Likes

found ‘em!

8 Likes

There we go, ours outside.

12 Likes

The one on the left is great.

Put a smile on my face :grin:

1 Like

Mwah ha ha ha!

8 Likes

Light er up baby!

13 Likes