Halloween Pumpkins

That was mine, Mrs. GB did the other. But the girls chose the designs, so we can’t take any credit.

1 Like

Just a couple of quick(ish) pumpkins for us this year.

Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

13 Likes

The wife’s from last year.

12 Likes

So impressed by the pumpkin carving skills here. Who knew.

1 Like

10 Likes

It’s that time of the year again.

@fatpom has started us off over on the gallery thread.

I’ve just finished mine for tomorrow, while my daughter’s is still under construction.

Cheers, Paul. :jack_o_lantern:

12 Likes

That’s terrifying!

Standard fare I’m afraid

7 Likes

Brilliant!

I enjoyed carving our pumpkins, but I am in serious deficit of the skill and patience required! :joy:

12 Likes

12 Likes

Nice! :fire: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Bit basic by TT standards. Kids enjoyed scooping the seeds and we toasted them in the oven with some spices (seeds not kids) and they were rather good with a beer.

10 Likes

Impressively symmetrical teeth!

1 Like

What’s your recipe/method?

I was a bit winging it with an idea from a US work colleague.

Get the seeds out and rinse them to get the gunk off. Leave to drain and dry with kitchen roll (total faff, I just dabbed them with kitchen roll a lot to get the water off whilst in sieve). Mix up the below spices and then mix in seeds. Spread out on baking tray so they’re mostly separate. Then bake in oven at 200C for 15 mins. Keep an eye as they toast pretty quickly. Leave to cool before eating as they crisp up a bit once cooled.

I didn’t have onion powder and it seemed fine. Sure you could just mixed up whatever spices you have. Chilli powder or cumin would be nice.

1 tablespoon Salt
2 teaspoons White Sugar
¾ teaspoon Paprika
¼ teaspoon Ground Turmeric
¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
¼ teaspoon Cornstarch

2 Likes

Yeah we’ve saved all ours too. Some for planting next year and the rest are being dried for the hamster :hamster:

2 Likes

Good grief - the malevolence of these tri talk offerings :flushed:

:flushed:

Girl Rewind shared a post on Instagram: "It just kept going 😭
via: @andrealynnpw". Follow their account to see 589 posts.

My daughter’s pumpkin.

Maybe one for the confessions thread, but I’ve already started on the treats. :roll_eyes:

Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

9 Likes