All Things Cats

Ha, that’s not mine!!

Yeah hopefully she’s alright. The blood was a bit alarming but it was just the once.

Put a bit of a downer on the thread now :man_facepalming:t2::rofl:

Trying and failing to find a pic of my other cat. I’ll have to go and find her!

1 Like

Here is my contribution and hopefully bring some cheer. My 10yr old Bengal Theodora

7 Likes

A beauty!

Hope Bella is ok

Please let us know.

I’ll post a pic up later

Big day for me…!

Two things one tri related one not .?

Thank you. Will do

This is Violet, I think she’s the prettier of our two. Wife disagrees

Oh apologies dragging you to the cat thread @Poet but that’s the cooking Apple green in our old flat :rofl:

4 Likes

WOAH!
That’s nothing like the one we have in our kitchen!

It’s like the Doves Tale on our hallway doesn’t look like the sample pot, anyway, back to pussy!

Lol.

That’s what I love about F&B - you get different shades in different lights.

We adopted a pair of moggies from Battersea in 2000. They were supposedly mother and daughter, but had absolutely nothing in common.

Suzie (the mother) was the sweetest, most loving cat imaginable. She would wait in the upstairs window for us to come home and would be down the stairs to meet us by the time the door was open. Every time we sat down she’d want to sit on a lap, leaving white hair everywhere. She slept on our bed most nights. Sadly, we lost her to cancer in 2011 at the age of about 14.

Twinks (the daughter) was a completely different character. She generally didn’t want anything to do with us. In her younger days, she’d happily face down any other cat that came onto the garden wall and would regularly bring live mice and birds into the house and let them loose. When she got older she got more fearful and would happily let another cat come into the house to steal her food. We got two puppies in 2013 and when we tried to introduce her to them she ran upstairs and hid rather than showing them who was boss, even though at that point she was bigger than them. She spent the rest of her days living upstairs, with the dogs living downstairs. In her later days I think she went a bit senile, because she would occasionally come downstairs and walk into the living room, as if she’d forgotten about the dogs and a chase would ensue. She had kidney problems in her later days and we had to give her a saline drip every other day to keep her hydrated. We finally lost her in 2017 at the age of about 19 :cry:

I’d love to get another cat, but I don’t think the dogs would allow it now. They think of cats as something to chase.

5 Likes

I think that’s why Henry has been much happier at mine than his previous home.
He’s got the place to himself.
Comes and goes as he pleases
No pressure, just living his best life

3 Likes

Watching them decline as they get older sucks.
Although sometimes in retrospect it can be funny.
One of ours became a bit demented, used to pee everywhere. We went on holiday and discovered she had pooed in our suitcases. One night back at home I was awoken by her peeing on my head. She wasn’t the most rewarding pet even before then (taken in as a rescue as I had something of a rep as a cat whisperer…some cats you just can’t tame!) but when she got old she was totally out of control.

God, how we cried when she was put down though!

6 Likes

This applies on so many levels but especially for pets

2 Likes

Merlin’s a Battersea cat, too. We’ve had him for 5 years now. We went along to have a look and 3 hours later we were driving home with him. They have these wonderful pods that each cat has and Merlin had been there for 3 weeks, which is quite a long time for Battersea, apparently due to him being a black cat. My wife and daughter went into the pod and he was all over them for cuddles, straightaway. They say that your cat picks you and for us, that Was definitely the case. He was very thin and patchy when we first had him and had obviously been on the street for a long time. He must have been owned at some point as he recognised the sound of a tin being opened. He’s a very cuddly house cat and he’s brought so much happiness to us. I never thought I’d get so attached to a pet!

First day

He’s put on a bit of weight since then.

6 Likes

Merlin…!

Lovely name .

Thanks. He was Preto at Battersea (Portuguese for black) but we had trouble saying it, so went for something a bit easier!

1 Like

He’s absolutely stunning.

I love solid cats like that.

Proper toms that will basically go walkies if you were so inclined.

Love the change from 1st to 2nd photo too:
#1 “ not sure I will ever trust you, human”
#2 “I was soooooo wrong”

4 Likes

DORIS!

11 Likes

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

She’s lovely!

Just fetched her.

1 Like

The things people will do for likes :joy:.

What a wee sweetie.

1 Like

Beware the lack of poop training at that age.
One minute you’re cuddling the cutest creature in 5 galaxies, the next you’re up to your arms in cute-poop!

1 Like