HR bragging

I was curious, so I looked back in GC. Mid March I the Reading HM in 1:38:29 with an average HR of 168 but a couple of weeks earlier, i did the Winchester 10km in 42:33 with an average HR of 160. weird!

Did you HR slowly drift up? What was it at half way in your half?
As others have mentioned, temperature makes a huge difference. On a hot day my HR is higher whether I’m running further/faster or not.

Wrist HR? I found yesterday on the run home it was telling me I was dipping into Threshold, and I would never have guessed that from RPE. Wrist HR seems to cope getter with slower steady efforts in my experience, where your HR varies very little.

Yeah wrist HR but I only looked after (in fact I only looked today haha). Should probably pay more attention. I think my 935 is set up for 5 zones but I’ve never manually plugged in a MHR, it’s just what the watch is calculating. Years ago my tested MHR was 192 but it would be way less now.

Age 48, 3 weeks off training, first run back, flatish 10km in 1:07. HR Avg. 175, Max 187, last 20mins avg. 181.
I think I’m going to donate myself to medical science, not when I die, they may as well have me now!