IM Wales or IM Lanzarote

Oh I see.

New course?

Just leaping to the defence of Lanza as a family holiday destination. Have been 5 times, usually for a week at club la santa and a week slobbing on the beach. My family all love it. Sure, you don’t go for the opera scene or the Renaissance architecture. But if your things are running about, riding a bike and getting wet with the fish, then Lanza has it all.

1 Like

How easy is it to get down to that beach across the road from CLS? Looks to be a ridable wave there but not sure what’s under the surface?

The ocean beaches near club la santa are kind of rocky and wild, difficult to enter the water. The rocks can be sharp too, have tried it a couple of times and come out scraped and grazed. Within CLS there is the lagoona for open water swimming including group swims. As well as 2 x50m pools. Just up the coast at Famara is a truly fantastic beach for surfing and and windsurfing.

Cheers mate, that’s what I figured. I would need a car to get up to Famara? CLS is so expensive, adding a car to the mix puts another layer on top. Just thinking out loud really.

Do CLS still do their HIM?

Yeah we tend to hire a car, then 1st stop Lidl in Arricefe, load up with the good stuff

Have found car hire in Lanza crazy cheap, almost too good to be true.

1 Like

I will 2nd @fruit_thief about Lanza. Yeah its not high culture and loads to do. But the weather is as predicable as it gets, and its cheap as chips. My kids are hard to entertain and they loved it. The volcano tour is great for young kids. Teenagers would probably be bored though. There is submarine tours, boats tours, plenty of water sports type stuff. Everyone practically speaks English so no need to break out your GCSE Spanish.

If you stay away from the strip in PDC its fine. Car hire is cheap and easy, they never check the cars, all the offices are in the arrivals hall. You collect your keys find your car and off you go. Fill it up before you dump it back at the airport to get your flight home, drop the keys in the office. Think I paid about 80 eurs for the week in a larger estate car. Driving is a piece of piss, they do roundabouts funny, but the roads are quiet and finding your way around is easy.

1 Like

Snap. Running into the headwinds there was ‘character building’.

I’d agree with the positive comments above. Went to Playa Blanca with an ex, and had a really nice time. Did my own solo training camp at the start of last year based out of Sands Beach, and again enjoyed it. There are actually some seriously nice restaurants dotted around the island if you hunt them out.

The wind is obviously ever present, but I found I just got used to it.

Lanza IM is certainly on the bucket list.

Lanzarote.

End thread.

:laughing:

1 Like