Insurance

@mw22 - you say “doubled” once the bikes have been added on …

… at that price surely it’s cheaper to just get an Asgard box in your garage and keep the bikes in that?

Bed a few ground anchors in, then D-Lock to them inside the shed, that’s inside the garage :woman_shrugging:t4:

Mine are locked, in a locked basement, in a Locked and alarmed house … I’m currently thinking about what to do in the garage in the next place (in the rafters maybe?)

2 Likes

Well I’ve started to question if I declare most of them. There’s only 1 of value - they just feel like an “easy” target. Tho the garage itself is deadlocked from the inside (and integrated with the house).

2 Likes

Aviva for house still but as ranted about elsewhere the 8 year old discovery and 2.5year old fiat 500 have gone from 1200ish to 2400 with the only claim in a decade being a windscreen which “doesnt affect insurance” apparently. apparently its down to cost of parts increase. What parts? you’ve had thousands off me for nothing over the years. Tescoooeeess looks good though.

2 Likes

I glanced at some daft cars for insurance :exploding_head:

RR-SVR was nearly £7k a year.
Taycan 4S about the same.

Current car has just dropped from £700 to £400 :white_check_mark::ok_hand:t4:

4 Likes

fiat is 480 at tescoeess and LR is 800 odd. 2 drivers

1 Like

I had similar with the gouse insurance. It doubled to 1400 in a year and they gave some bollocks about an increase in weather related and flood claims. The house is on a hill no where near any water.

1 Like

I had similar with one insurer who said that the premium had gone up as we lived within a subsidence area. I asked them to clarify further and they said it was the postcode that determined that - the TN postcode as I lived in at the time. Not TNx xxx but TN which covers a huge swathe of SE England. Utter rubbish frankly.

3 Likes

Anyone use travel insurance to cover racing abroad? Nationwide have changed provider with the included travel insurance from Flex+ and it specifically says racing isn’t covered so I’m not going to risk it. I know I have some cover from the Triathlon federation but still not convinced.

I’ve used Insure&Go before and I’m looking again, but anyone use others?

I buy the race insurance separately. Sports cover direct costs less than £10 to cover an ironman race abroad for example. I found it’s more comprehensive and cheaper than trying to find travel insurance that covers racing.

1 Like

I ended up getting an annual policy with insure&go for £48, covers Europe. Got a bit more expensive for US & RoW.

It’ll cover my race later in the year and just about last until the bridge race next year.

I do have the Flex+ as well for other holiday cover. And I’ll look at what my TE membership covers.

1 Like

I don’t think that will cover you for anything personally, other than something like public liability insurance

1 Like

Yeah, I was mostly thinking of during the race. The general holiday cover will cover most things but now specifically says endurance races are excluded, TE will probably cover triathlons but not standalone running races.

I’ve been using Snowcard for travel insurance after a recomendation.

1 Like

I use Campbell Irvine for normal travel insurance. Excellent standard cover for adventure activities and willing to cover alot of pre-existing medical conditions (with a premium). They do cover racing in the standard policy just not extreme races.

1 Like

TE cover won’t pay for your medical bills if you hospitalise yourself in a race and it sounds like your travel cover won’t either

1 Like

The one I’ve just bought independently says it covers sports including triathlon so that should cover me.

2 Likes

Might be worth checking that Jeff. For example, Campbell Irvine cover triathlon in their standard policy but when I asked if it covered long distance/IM they said no just normal triathlon which I assume means sprint or olympic distance.

It does say triathlons and is classed as an activity holiday so it does appear to be included.

1 Like