Ironman branded products

Yeah used to think Rapha kit was a bit ‘wanky’

It’s actually great kit. Bought some bibs, jersey, gilet a while ago and really rate it. My cycling club has just received a Rapha custom order too and it looks good. Some bits are admittedly a bit pricey but it’s on par with other brands. Also get that some of the designs are a bit marmite and I prefer the more understated stuff

1 Like

I have stuff from all three brands and in all cases, I’ve had some really good and really crap stuff from them.

But that’s not answering the question. Why do you keep ragging on the folks with tattoos? How does it affect your life Nd your triathlon experience?

Me too!
I’ve had Castelli and Assos kit, thought only the Johnny Come Lately’s bought Rapha…got myself a full matching kit for my new bike…best kit I’ve got :see_no_evil:

1 Like

My post said if you’re bought into the brand and have the tattoo, then the watch would make sense. Is that “ragging”?

Pretty much, especially combined with the 500 other times you seem compelled to deride anyone with an IM tatt, both on here an ST. I don’t know why you get so invested in what others do?

You once posted that don’t engage in Internet bun fights but between this and IMJ, you seem to spend a lot of time doing exactly that.

I don’t care either way about tattoos, considered getting one myself and was genuinely interested in other’s opinions, which is why I posted it here.

Triathlon as a sport is dying, IM is just about hanging on in some regions. Personally, if tri was my ‘thing’ I would be happy that so many people value that achievement. They might encourage others.

I’m a very experienced cycle racer but I am clueless about mtbing and I’m learning XC. At a recent session, I saw a rider with a BCBR tatt on their calf and we had a good conversation about it and he imparted a ton of riding tips that were invaluable to me re XC. That conversation wouldn’t have happened otherwise.

As for the branded products, I have a few, couple of t- shirts, a jacket my Mother bought me in 2017 and a hoodie that was meant to be £84 that I got for £16 because they were packing up.

Some of the race backpacks were rubbish, the 2015 Wales one I didn’t earn but it was shite. I sent it to a Welsh mate in Sydney. The 2017 and 18 bags are still going strong, we use them all the time for weekend trips to Somt.

I think people pigeon hole others way too easily. There is a happy middle ground, amazingly. You can have ( inserted branded company of choice/hate) without being fully invested. You can be a triathlete this year and something else next year. To me doing the same thing year in year out would make my life pretty sad.

Pigeon holing in this way, is no different to those roadies that quote ‘ the rules’. It gets real old, real fast.

• None of the above applies to SUPers, they can burn in fiery hell. :rofl:

I think you’re over-analysing it; these are just throw away comments on Internet forums. I think SUP looks quite fun; certainly more accessible than some similar watersports, now you can get inflatable ones. Live and let live and all that.

1 Like

You could be right. I am all about diversity in endurance these days, cycling is my main pilar, closely followed by tri. I’m still considering a tattoo but probably won’t. The main reason I came back from 6 back surgeries to get in the game again.

Plus I drive a Renault Scenic, so deep down, there’s a burning desire to let world know I did something good once or twice. :laughing:

My wife suggested a family day SUPing the other day, I suggester a divorce! The new inflatables are very good quality I hear.

:rofl:

3 Likes

You are shitting me?

1 Like

A rather elaborate hoax if it’s not real EUR31.90 for a 5 pack. Bargain :rofl:

Plus delivery for sub €100 orders

I wouldn’t stress. If it’s coming from the Ironman Store, there will be a vaccine out long before you see your goods.

4 Likes

It says 6 weeks delivery and not medical grade … brilliant!

:rofl: only Ironman would do that. I notice that they are 51EUR, the “cheap” ones are out of stock unfortunately

:joy:

Masks are like chocolate teapots anyway. Its security theatre to get people into those fucking tincans and back to their cubicles. Got to keep those seats warm, people!

1 Like

Plus the the Active fee.

2 Likes

Don’t have the words.

Im ashamed to say my running club has just jumoed on the same bandwagon 🤦🏻

2 Likes

You go to an Ironman. You go to the merchandise tent. Among all the Irontat you see something you quite like. £100. You don’t buy it. And 3 months later it’s online for £20. Or similar. I can’t imagine they would sell for a loss so they are making serious $$$ if that’s the kind of mark-up… I was talking to a cashier in one of the merchandise tents at Kona who said people come in and spend 4 thousand dollars :open_mouth:
I recently bought a few Kona and SA 70.3 bits and pieces from the online store. At $5 and $10 per item I couldn’t resist… caps and visors were $5, reduced from about $30-40…

1 Like

Yeah, I saw a IMCH jacket on 70% discount with free delivery, told the wife for a christmas lresent. Sadly she waited until it was full price and delivery on top before she ordered :scream:

Its a nice jacket though. :sweat_smile: