Ironman Cornwall

Oh there’s plenty of nice quiet roads once you get up out of Beer. Some beautiful lanes when you head up the axe valley, plus you could throw in some nice hills. Run would then have to be SWCP though! :joy:

1 Like

just booked a week there late summer (hoping campsites are open by then) for some running, cycling, surfing and windsurfing… looks lovely!

1 Like

O-till-O do a Swim/Run in the Scilly Isles. What an amazing location!

Back in the day (5-10 yrs ago??) there was an IM based at Newquay.
Might have been called The Beast or summat.
I entered :roll_eyes:
The fact that none of you lot on here can even recall it, never mind entered it, meant that they canned it, and it was never run. :pensive:
I still have the Event ‘Training for’ T-Shirt somewhere in a heap. :smiley:

Locally over the border into Devon :open_mouth: it was also a shame that we only got 1 edition of Exmoor XXMan IM based at Wimbelball (2016), and Endurance Life’s HorseMan in 2013 based in Dartmoor.
(Apparently some berk did both :roll_eyes: and got first and 2nd fastest run splits. :sunglasses: I thought you needed to know that :grin: )

6 Likes

… Like a ghost from the past. Did you also do jurassicman @Toyota_Crown?

2 Likes

what a dumb question, if it was on, and stupid T_C did it :wink:

2 Likes

oh silly me yes it does start in Devon. Um let me see, err, it’s been on 3 times, and I might have won it the first two times, and was 4th on the last one. Possibly my fave IM, nothing not to like about this, just rock up n race, no crew or faffing required, Brutal Events take care of all that.
Rant: People should be battering down Brutal Event’s Door to enter, but no, it’s some numpT magnets like NorseMan or CeltMan that seem to go mad, Go Figure. (Nothing wrong with NorseMan or CeltMan btw (if you’ve got shedloads of money to burn, AND available willing crew - to needlessly drive round after you (creating environmental chaos on minor roads), and then hold your hand on the run). Did I mention I prefer no bull :poop: extreme events like JurassicMan or TriathlonX or The Brutal :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

One thing that i have thought after all this bolox , I need to do some of those extreme events now. Anyway, you can help me decide on a venue for the return of TriTalkMan once this is over. Even with no real racing a self supported bimble around some nice terrain somewhere would be great fun.

1 Like

have you done Midnight(Wo/ :roll_eyes:)Man yet. kinda local, and extreme in its only weird way, most obvs as its overnite.

1 Like

I see you there in 2012 you numpT :rofl: last time was 2015. I love the event. Will definitely return.

2 Likes

All you Southerners look the same to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not the one from Northern Ireland who wears too much pink :rofl: