Ironman UK 2021

Top man. Hopefully when Staffs 2020 opens they’ll offer that again

1 Like

I would be surprised if a 3% discount would encourage anyone who wasn’t already planning the UK ‘double’. That is, £15 quid discount isn’t going to make you go “hell, I’ll do Bolton too:rofl::joy::upside_down_face:

You get another special medal.
But you have to enter them as a double.
So £15 less and another medal…

…it’s also about £23 less, as it’s 3% off both races.

But you only get the medal if you do both in the same year.

I’ve registered for the opening email bell.
Ready to enter!
If we all put our club down as TriTalk.co.uk, we might get onto the club promo page thing they do?
(See Weymouth 70.3 Facebook for an example)

1 Like

Does the medal have the wrestlers on it? If not, I’m out.

IN!
Finally entered for this one today, after Staffs.

4 Likes

So are you deferring or going for it?

Mwah ha ha!

If I get a local role, then yes.
If I have to schlep anywhere overnight, then no :frowning:

I’m in.

5 Likes

Flat bike for 2021…!

1 Like

For realz???

No.

1 Like

But well done on buying a big house!

There a proper PITA but look great when there finished.

1 Like

Lighter mornings are coming, along with nicer weather, so I’m looking to get out for a recce.

Any advice on where to park, free, and how to avoid Bolton town centre Route part is welcome :+1:t3::ok_hand:t4:

Majority of the loop can easily park roadside in any of the small villages, but I’m guessing Bolton Town is probably the closest part of the loop from where you’ll be driving :thinking:
I used to just accept going through the main town section, average was around 3 or 4 traffic lights to stop at within 1km. That said, there’s a much longer suburban section through the city, maybe 10km with no way of avoiding that so plan time of time accordingly. I’d usually get through that with hopefully only one or two lights. Frustrating but just tried to accept it and remember I wasn’t out to set pbs in training!

1 Like

You have a link to a training ride?
Or a ridewithgps Route?

I thought you were 99% deferring, or something like that?!

2 Likes

That screenshot is the main city centre bit, my grafetti is what my memory tells me is the right way to go following the one way system through the main centre.
For race day keep in mind that the little pedestrian loop you don’t ride in training is all cobbled.

1 Like

Not that high…

…but, what else am I going to fill my day with? Work?!

Cheers! I love cobbles…

1 Like

All over Facebook
Route is changing…

Much much easier…

Yeah right …!

1 Like