It’s culture wars gone mad (wots woke now ?)

These woke people are everywhere apparently ? :cold_sweat:
What if you had one in your household and didn’t know ?
How could you report them to the appropriate authorities ?
It’s a minefield I tell ya :man_shrugging:t2:
Luckily this is an informative thread that will help you identify the tell tales signs… post them here…

4 Likes

I mean who would have thought it ? 4% lager !!

5 Likes

What does that last paragraph even mean? :grinning:

3 Likes

This guy on Twitter has got your back with this thread, amazing the breadth of things that have gone “woke” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

ERM that can FRO :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Heineken used to be a piss week 3.4%ABV until very recently, when they switched to 5%.

It still tastes a bit odd. But quite “clean”

So, if anything, they’ve gone full circle :man_shrugging:t4:

Heineken is piss. Full stop. No more discussion.

3 Likes

The bottle stuff is OK and 20p cheaper than Wife Beater.

1 Like

Feels to me that being woke is a good thing?

I mean, being alert to the injustices in society has to be, right?

Not for middle aged white men, though.
Can’t disrupt the hegemony. :balance_scale:

3 Likes

That is indeed the original, and correct, definition. But on the right it has been co-opted to basically mean anything they don’t like or agree with :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

It’s the new ‘Fake News’

Beer can’t be woke can it? Unless the theory is Heineken are not selling high strength beer because they think enabling people to get drunk is bad for society. My guess is they are selling weaker beer because they think they will sell more of it and make more money.

4 Likes

and they’re using the same tactic as they have with many other recent battle fronts… that is to throw as much shit at it as they can, and hope enough sticks to discredit it.

Its playground politics, and not designed to drive good, sensible debate within the country, but just to silence dissent. Its dangerous. No idea how you stop it though.

You can see the same happening at various scales with things like investment in walking and cycling infrastructure and environmental policy

2 Likes

I just wish that whenever a politician says they are anti-woke or whatever the journalist or interviewer would ask them what their definition of “woke” is and why they are against it :roll_eyes:

Here’s a whole podcast (very good, as is the series it is part of) on the history of “woke”

1 Like

cba

2 Likes

I think it is a typo/printing error and being should be bring.

3 Likes

but it was a great reply!

2 Likes

Yeah - you should unedit that @FatPom :+1:t3:

Uh, isn’t most traditional British ale around 4%.

This smacks utterly of clickbait. What rag was it in.

1 Like

Instagram has been hilarious last few days for artists.

Everyone started to get annoyed because more sponsored content and vids were appearing on the homepage, not artists folk were following, so a few characters started leading the charge about petitioning instagram then jumped onto Vero. Like lemmings everyone followed. Only for said pioneers of said jump to backtrack a day or so later when it was revealed the Lebanese owner of Vero was an arse. So everyone jumped back to Insta … but reading some of the self aggrandising bollocks people discussing it…

It’s like out of an Evelyn Waugh. It’s comical.

Someone has to write a black comedy about a studio. It’s too rich a subject :rofl:

2 Likes

My word - they’re a sensitive bunch on tik tok. Left a comment on the fitness guru who’s fashioned himself on using the word cunt endlessly

Quoted a line from in the loop, ‘the angriest man in exercise’ and got a horrible message, then blocked :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thought rugby players were a bit more thick skinned. Wasn’t even taking the piss - fragile ego

2 Likes

Woke beer FFS, all good hipster beers offer a “session ale” these days. Its nothing woke, just for those who want a refreshing couple of beers in the afternoon without getting blind drunk.

4 Likes