It's just not cricket - well it is actually (spoilers)

Its very bad as we lost to SL!

Could be on for the lowest ever ODI total

1 Like

That’s going to hurt their net run rate :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It will probably be as good as Englands!

1 Like

Afghanistan going well today, if they get their RR up NZ and Aus might need to start feeling nervous!

2 Likes

Pakistan as well. They have NZ tomorrow and need to win that. Also pushes us further down the table, we are never going to qualify now, despite the tiny mathematically possibility. We actually need to focus on qualifying for the 2025 championship trophy which we are some way off.

AFG have SA and AUS as their final 2 games so will need a big upset to qualify

1 Like

Holy Crap! I’ve just seen the IND/SA result
:flushed:

3 Likes

WOW - that’s a hell of a result

1 Like

Just watched the highlights of the match. Blimey indeed!

1 Like

Wow, things might get interesting today!

Edit: aargh

1 Like

Just tuned in for the last half hour or so. Wow. Just wow.

2 Likes

I wanted AFG to win but you cant argue with that innings

2 Likes

Just WTF. England are dismal

2 Likes

Relegation 6 pointer vs NL - Stokes just got 13 off one ball - full toss…6…free hit…1…also hit for 6.

Hilarious if the Dutch knock the runs off…

3 Likes

A good result for England today against the mighty Netherlands :roll_eyes:

It’s lifted us from 10th to 7th. England have Pakistan in their final match, which could be difficult if Pakistan are going all out for a big win to snatch 4 th place :man_shrugging:

The bottom 3 teams all have games they they’d probably be expected to lose, so the final standings at the bottom of the table could be down to who loses least :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes we are fortunate of those below us having difficult matches to end on. Unless there is a bug upset we should be ok.

1 Like

I’m not sure I want them to slither into the Champions Trophy and end on a very slight high; it’ll encourage them to tinker rather than properly address the causes of this disaster. The players/coach certainly don’t deserve to take any positives away.

2 Likes

I hope a lot of the players do the right thing and retire. I love Ali but he is cooked, his bowling is on and off and his batting is no where near what it used to be. In all levels, country, franchise, International he used to be able to take bowling attacks apart. Now he smashes 20 and is out.

Bairstow and Root should probably focus on Tests. Stokes won us the game yesterday but he needs to focus on the Test team and his gammy knee. Im not sure about Wood anymore, he leaks runs all over the place and his selection seems to be solely because he can bowl very fast, but if you’re not taking wickets and get hitting thats of no use.

Brook needs to be careful about not spreading himself so thin. He wants to play in the Test side, sure he wants to earn some money in the franchises, is adding ODI to his workload worth it.

Last Butler, another player I love, but he has too much on. Captaincy (new to the role), Keeping, Mid-order batting, thats too much for one person. I think taking the captaincy away from him would send a bad message after only just got it, so someone else needs to take the gloves

1 Like

Think I’m more concerned about Mott. We were clearly ill prepared and lacking any sort of plan for this tournament. Then he hid from press conferences and sent the fielding coach out. Maybe too in thrall to the 2019 ‘superstars’, or just a shit, cowardly coach.

Maybe build a new side with Morgan in charge (a new side would not be full of his former team mates).

Issue may be that far too many of them have landed 1 or 2 year central contracts so they are a bit constricted on wholesale changes.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can see with the Test team how important a coach and captain in union is. Maybe Baz fancies a bit of White Ball coaching as well.

Im not sure Morgan would want to come back as coach or player. I think he’s done.

Also Rob Key needs a hard look at himself. Hes done pretty well right up until the contracts were announced and sticking the knife into Willey, the only player thats been in any form in this tournament.

1 Like

There’s just too much cricket being played in different formats, I know it’s batting and bowling but different styles.

Driven by money and television but you can’t blame the players for wanting to make a living in the short career they’ve got.

2 Likes